Re: Need Advise

Sun Aug 22 13:29:19 1999

Hi Maureen,

It sounds like you may have adhesions or another problem that may be causing partial bowel obstruction. I to had the nausea, pain and also had fevers and intestinal bleeding. My problem turned out to Be Crohn's as well as adhesions. Crohn's causes the bowel wall to thicken causing partial obstruction and can eventually lead to a full obstruction, something I don't want to experience. If you have adhesions on your intestines then they could wrap around and cause blockage. When you go for your follow up maybe your doctor can tell you where the adhesions were located. If they were on the bowel, did he/she remove them? When you say "bowel mevements exploding" are you referring to diarrhea? If so, have they ever tested you to make sure there is not blood or white blood cells in the stool? If there is then you could have another problem such as inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis) that could be causing part of your problem as well as the adhesions. Of course endo can be a big problem and can attach itself to so many different places including the bowel and it is so hard to get all of it. Lupron is a drug that can help with the endo (although I personally had a lot of problems with the side effects) as it can retard it's recurrance throughout the body, places that the doctor may not be able to see or get to. Good luck with your follow up appointment and remember to ask lots of questions. Keep us informed of your progress. Best wishes. Ginny

PossibleAt Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Peggy wrote: >
>At Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Maureen wrote:
>>
>>I have just had surgery for endometerois, (second time), last
>>Wednesday..this was my fourth Laproscopy, 1) exploratory for
>>endometerois--which was removed and discovered a distended gallbadder
>>and my intestines had adhesed themselves to my stomach lining....all was
>>corrected and I waited 2 years for my gallbadder to practically explode
>>before they would remove it.
>>
>>Then after the gallbadder surgery...I became pregnant, but the pain I
>>was feeling from the 1st surgery, still never went away...after the baby
>>was born, I went in and out of doctors for pain here and pain
>>there....and nothing was ever come of it....the back aches, urinary
>>infections, pelvic pain to the point of not being able to walk, ripping
>>in stomach and sides, nausea, bowel movements exploding...
>>
>>Finally, 6 years later, I end up with a kidney stone that gets lodged
>>and another surgery...
>>
>>Still, that was a different pain....my pains I complained about were
>>still here....2 years later after the kidney stone....I cant have a
>>bowel movement without throwing up or feeling like throwing up, pelvic
>>pains are worst and I had my last surgery last week, where my tubes were
>>tied and endometerois was present. In recovery all I remember is the
>>nurse saying I had lots of adhesions.....I am scheduled for a follow-up
>>with my doctor and want to know as much as possible as far as questions
>>and tests or medications, treatments that I should have done....
>>
>>Please oh please I hope I have come to the right place!
>>
>>I am a single mother of 2, and I cant continue with these pains, the
>>ripping and stabbing and nausea is still there, and it has been 10 days
>>since the surgery..
>>
>>Thank you
>
>>--
>>Maureen
> Damascus, MD
>
>>Maureen,Sorry to hear that you have had so many problems.You said that the nurse in reconery said that you had a lot of adhesions.Did the Dr. removed them? I too have adhesionsb But do not have some of the symptoms that you are explaining.Though many on the forum do.My problem started with having an infection after having a hysterecomy in April of 1998.Since then I have had a constant pain in the lower left quadrant.I was on A Physicians merry go round for about 5 months.The gyn did not want to touch me so he sent me to a different gyn .all was decided that I needed to have a laporoscopy to see what was going on.But the gyn that my Dr. sent me too could not do it until the end of Novemember Which I felt was too long to wait considering the pain that I was enduring.I practically begged my gyn to do the laporoscopy himself but he would not do it.So I decided to switch gyns and the Dr. that I went to did a lap. in Oct. and found that I had an extensive amount of adhesions.He lysed all o
>f them and I was better for about 6-8 weeks,THen I had steroid shots done right to the area where the pain is,With having no results at all.So I had another lap. done in April of 1999 and again the Dr. found alot of adhesions had reformed.He lysed them again and this time he used an adhesion barrier called Interceed,Which I believe did very little if anything to help.2 weeks after having the lap.the pain returned again.My gyn was afraid that something was being overlooked so he sent me to a urologist and gasterial intestional Dr., tests were done and everything came back normal.So the conclusion is that I have adhesions.I am seeing a pain management Dr. and the meds that I am on are helping me live a somewhat normal life.When do you go back for your post op appt.? Hopefully you have a Dr. that recognizes that adhesions do cause pain and will help you as much as he can.You certanly have had your share of problems.We all know how hard it is to have this pain everyday.Please know that yo
>u are not alone and hopefully we can answer Questions that you have.
>"FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER " PEGGY

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: