Laproscopic Surgery & Recovery

Tue Aug 17 11:02:08 1999

Hi Denise, and welcome!!!

Any surgery can be scary - but I find it much easier to deal with Laproscopic. It usually takes about an hour in the Operating Room. This last time, I went home within about 5 hours from the hospital, and was able to attend a gathering of friends two days later. The thing to keep in mind is not to push yourself. If you are tired, sleep. Drink lots of fluid, and know where the bathroom is! ;P Keep up with your pain medicine. This isn't a tolerance test! Make sure your recovery space at home is prepared before you go for surgery. Think about things that will make recovery easier, like having a table next to your bed to keep books, magazines, remote controls, and drinks on without having to stretch for them or get up. Use lots of pillows! Think of foods you like to eat but that won't upset your system. (trust me, bernaise sauce is bad!) Go grocery shopping for them, and get lots of juices you like. Flexible straws are a gift from God! How long until you are back to prime condition? It depends on your body and its needs. It could be a week, two weeks, or maybe three + before you feel 100% better. For me, this one has been quicker. Last time I was down for at least a week before I left the house. The key is - don't worry about it. Enjoy your time, enjoy napping, watch old movies and catch up on your reading. If you put a positive spin on recovery, you'll do better!!

I hope this helps!! Take care Denise. We are here for you!!

Peace ~ Meg

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: