Adhesions on my intestines

Tue Aug 17 08:39:08 1999

Hi. I am so happy to find this forum this morning and I am hoping to find someone who understands what I am going through. I am 23 and am facing surgery next month to remove several known areas of adhesions that are really kinking my intestines. These adhesions are a result of surgery to remove an ovary and a football size dermoid cyst when I was 18. I too know what it feels liked to be ignored and looked at like I was crazy when I described mine pain. Luckily I have found a wonderful GI who has gone out of his way to take care of me and find a diagnosis. I feel like I have been put through the ringer lately with so many tests. Upper GI, Upper GI where you swallow a tube while awake, colonoscopy, ultrasounds, and vaginal probes. Unfortunately, the surgeon will need to go in through the same incision (a six inch c-section type) because of the location of the adhesions. He will be using Seprafilm to try and avoid reoccurrence. I know that I am strong enough to handle this, and I do have a lot of support from my husband and our families, but I think it would be helpful to talk to someone else going through the same type of thing. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully I can connect with some of you.

--
Rachel

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: