Re: Greetings!!

Thu Aug 5 08:35:33 1999

Hi Meg and welcome! How wonderful you have a doctor who believes in you and listens. I too am blessed with an understanding surgeon who is there for me. My last surgery was 8 months ago which was a total hysterectomy, appendectomy and lysis of extensive adhesions. My sister did some research on the internet for me regarding adhesion barriers. My doctor used Seprafilm at my request. Although it is not a cure, it may reduce or slow down adhesion formation. I have read where some people have had no luck with the barrier where as others have benefited. I personally feel that I have benefited somewhat. My last 2 laparotomies were 6 months apart. Both times I had extensive adhesions to the point where none of my organs were visible. I am encouraged that it has been over 8 months since the surgery w/the barrier. I can feel some adhesions esp. on my right side where the appendix was taken out, I have some pain and pulling. I also have some intestinal symptoms but at this point I can tolerate them. I do take pain medicine and elavil at bedtime. I take comfort in the fact that when I am having a bad day I can come to the adhesion forum and share my pain with people who truly understand. Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: