Re: Chris

Tue Aug 3 17:14:51 1999

Hi Peggy. I don't know if you remember but I mentioned that I received the trigger-point injections for quite a while before we moved to the next step, cryo. This is where they freeze the nerve using pretty much the same procedure (inserting a needle into the nerve in question and pumping the equivalent of dry ice onto the nerve, therefore freezing it) that they assume would be a solution to my pain. Wrong. That too did nothing for me. Finally I moved on to the morphine pump. I will be on this the rest of my life (as well as oral drugs) and so will you and all the others involved - - that is until someone can find us another solution. Don't be so quite to turn down the drugs, that is what they were designed to do, stop our type of pain. People just don't understand that just because you take the "heavy duty" drugs, you become addicted - - that is just not true!!! If your P.M. dr. wants you to start taking something that is going to give you some quality of life, don't pass it by just because the "healthy" people guilt-trip you into thinking you are going to turn into a drug addict. These people have limited information about a very serious subject, chronic pain, and until they learn more about it, they just plain don't know what they are talking about so they should mind there business. (Sorry I have jumped on my soapbox again!!!) It is just that this is a very sensitive subject for me because I hate to hear my people suffering when I know that there are drs. that can give you drugs that will take the edge off if not get rid of almost all the pain. Please don't give up and please give the drugs a chance - - you and your family deserve at least a try. Love to all my sisters and brothers in pain!!!!!!!!!

>>> Peggy <pklippe1@nycap.rr.com> 08/03/99 05:23PM >>>

Hi Chris,I just came home from having the M R I,I did not have any problems at all with this test.The little questionaire that I filled out in the beginning asked if I was claustrophobic and I did say that I was,possibly.So they gave me headphones to listen to and put a cloth over my eyes.She told me that if I had any problems at all to push the call button and she would come right in.It did take about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes but it went by fairly quick. The MRI was of the pelvic area. I was told that the Dr. will get the results in a couple of days.I will wait until Monday and call the office to see if they received the results.THe steroid shots that I had were called trigger point injections.It was Depo-Medrol which the Dr. mixed with a local anesthetic.This was given every other week for a series of 4 shots. My gyn thought that maybe I had what he called inner abdominal wall syndrome. This treatment was also discussed by pain management Dr. in being something that he would do. Not to me though because I have already had this treatment. The shots were given to me right in the lower left abdomin where I say the pain is.This did not help me at all with the pain problem that I am having.There are not many tests left for me to have so I wonder what will be next.Do I live on pain medication for the rest of my life? This is really not something that I would want to do.My next appointment with my gyn is August 13th so all test results and all other Dr. appointments will be over and I will discuss where we go from here.He will probably tell me that pain management is where I stay for a while.Well I have to go get dinner started so I will talk to you all later. "FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" PEGGY

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: