Chris

Tue Aug 3 16:22:24 1999

Hi Chris,I just came home from having the M R I,I did not have any problems at all with this test.The little questionaire that I filled out in the beginning asked if I was claustrophobic and I did say that I was,possibly.So they gave me headphones to listen to and put a cloth over my eyes.She told me that if I had any problems at all to push the call button and she would come right in.It did take about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes but it went by fairly quick. The MRI was of the pelvic area. I was told that the Dr. will get the results in a couple of days.I will wait until Monday and call the office to see if they received the results.THe steroid shots that I had were called trigger point injections.It was Depo-Medrol which the Dr. mixed with a local anesthetic.This was given every other week for a series of 4 shots. My gyn thought that maybe I had what he called inner abdominal wall syndrome. This treatment was also discussed by pain management Dr. in being something that he would do. Not to me though because I have already had this treatment. The shots were given to me right in the lower left abdomin where I say the pain is.This did not help me at all with the pain problem that I am having.There are not many tests left for me to have so I wonder what will be next.Do I live on pain medication for the rest of my life? This is really not something that I would want to do.My next appointment with my gyn is August 13th so all test results and all other Dr. appointments will be over and I will discuss where we go from here.He will probably tell me that pain management is where I stay for a while.Well I have to go get dinner started so I will talk to you all later. "FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" PEGGY

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: