celebrex, etc.-Ginny

Thu Jul 29 23:11:19 1999

Hi Ginny: I don't know if you'll check your mail before you go on vacation. If you don't comment or post again, I'll know you didn't read this and will repost in a week or so. Celebrex just came out on the market Dec 1998 so I would expect to hear anything about it. It's supposed to not irritate the GI tract the way the other nonsteroidals do and does not interfere with coumadin. I haven't seen any info on it, its not in the drug reference books at work yet. I read on the Internet drug data base that oen side effect is headache, another diarrhea, another dyspepsia. (?) I did have some heartburn tonight and immediately thought of the drug. So you have the arthritis in the spine stuff too-interesting. if I were you I'd have myself diagnosed with Crohn's for sure. I can't remember if you said they ever checked your small intestine. I know you've had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy but what about the middle of the small intestine? I think I told the story of the woman who came into the hospital and it turned out to be crohn's of the jejeunem, diagnosed by CT. She had no other symptoms typical of crohn's besides pain and occult bleeding. I don't think there is anything I have that suggests MS. I'm sure I do have some type of immune process. The IGG has been elevated since the 1970's, but inflammtory tests are not remarkable. My sed rate is borderline normal-high and my c-reactive protein is normal. But I've never had documented joint inflammation before, nor did I ever have back pain. The rheumatologist I saw 10 years ago refused to do a bone scan on me. I hope you have a nice, relaxing vacation!

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: