Re: thanks for everyones support and a ? on keeping from vomiting after drinking the fleets.

Thu Jul 29 06:49:07 1999

At Wed, 28 Jul 1999, pklippe1@nycap.rr.com wrote: >
>I want to thank everyone who has responded and supported me for my test
>tomorrow.And yes the PREP {UGH} I'm not sure if I drank it down to fast
>or what,But I could not wait to get it over with.It stayed down about 45
>minutes and I think I vomited most of it back up.I was concerned that
>due to not keeping it down that it would not be able to do the job that
>it was suppose to do.But I was wrong obviously I kept it down long
>enough for it to take its effects on me .As I'm sure everyone knows what
>I mean.My next dose of the fleets phosho-soda is due to be taken again
>at 9:00.Now I am afraid that I will get sick from it again.Any
>suggestions on keeping it down?THanks again and I will let everyone know
>how I am doing and how I nake out with the colonoscopy as soon as I feel
>up to it.
>"FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" PEGGY

Hi Peggy:

Did you follow the tips I got from the GI office? I would think not drinking it with water (instead of kool aid etc) would be the most important part, as well as not lying down afterwards. I think this is why they came up with these tips. however, I think some people are going to have problems no matter what they do! That's just the way their bodies are. I had no way of knowing if the tips would help me or not as I don't have problems with this type of thing. However, I know it gave me the willies cause I can still remember the taste! Once I was done drinking it I was okay. This is how I know I couldn't stand golytely because you are never done drinking it! Just looking at the gallon jug would be enough for me. I don't know what your experience was, but I was not up all night in the bathroom. This is what I meant about it being gentle. I remember just one episode before bed and then another in the am. After the second dose of Fleets it was more constant, but that was daytime. I also didn't have any of the "loud noises" in the recovery room. They kept telling me it was "okay" but it never happened. They try to squeeze out all the air before they take you out of the procedure room so maybe they did a good job on me. Try not to worry-you'll do fine. Everyone will be in the same situation as you are and the nurses are their to do their job.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: