>phospho-soda to one half glass of water or one glass of clear liquid and
>drink it. Within one hour of taking this drink 3 glasses of clear
>liquid.And then at 9:00 p.m mix 1.5 ounces of the fleet phospho-soda to
>one half glass of clear liquid and drink it and then drink at least 3
>eight ounce glasses of clear liquid before bed.THey give me a list of
>clear liquids which include,Tea,coffee, kool-aid and carbonated
>beverages,They also include cranberry,apple and grape juice along with
>lemoneade,limeade or orange drink,They say any juice that

you can see >through and that does not have pulp or no red kool-aid or red jello.Any
>suggestions on what is the best to take with this would be great.Would
>anybody suggest drinking ginger ale with this? Or would it end up being
>too gassey[Sp}?THanks for everyones support.I am not looking forward to
>having this done at all.But then again my only hope is that they will
>find something that can be cured.
>"FRIENDS THAT STICK TOGETHER" Peggy

Hi Peggy: I guess you didn't see my response to the post you made to me. These instructions sound like the tips I have. Use the clear liquid instead of the water. I do remember that. I think they said not to use fruit juice close to the phospho-soda dose if I remember correctly. Maybe it was the carbonated bev you shouldn't use,(close to the phospho-soda, afterwards is okay) I really would have to check. Jello is okay because it is considered a clear liquid, but as you were told, no red jello. I wonder about cranberry juice. That's red. I liked white grape juice-I drank a lot of that. They say grape juice is the most easily digested and that's why they recommend the white grape juice for babies, instead of apple juice which is what everyone starts with. They also told me beef bouillion was okay because yoou can see through it. i had some of the that because I felt it was giving me some protein but you should ask on that one. Bouillion is considered part of a "clear liquid diet" as is jello. Popsicles are good too, especially this time of year (my colonoscopy was in January so the bouillion was more appealing) but you have to watch some of them because they are pretty pulpy looking. You're starting off with dulcolax tabs? Good luck. I wonder why they feel they are necessary. With my colonoscopy I only needed 1 dose of phospho-soda only, not 2 (I needed 2 for the 2 day prep for the lap) and no dulcolax. Well, they all have their own recommendations. All I know is I would never, ever agree to Golytely or mag citrate. The phospho soda is done with in one sitting (or 2 in the case of 2 doses like you have) but Golytely you are drinking throughout the night. Definitely ask about the meds. You don't need that again. I'm sure it was the demerol that made you sick. Tell them! If you don't, they will give it to you again. There are also anti-emetic drugs they can give you. I know someone who had a lap and was sick for 3 weeks, maybe from the anesthesia. So she really dreaded the second one but they gave her some drug and she had no nausea at all! Good Luck. Really, the procedure is nothing as long as you don't have the vomiting afterwards. I wouldn'twant to have to look forward to that again.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: