Re: been gone for awhile, question...

Tue Jul 20 10:20:57 1999

Sherry, I have been having severe pains in my legs (especially in my calfs and thighs (the back of them), so much so that every evening before I go to bed, my husband has to massage them. When he presses or squeezes them I go insane including seeing stars. My back is the same way, including my shoulders. My ankles have also started swelling after around noon or so and are VERY sensitive to the touch. Could all of this be a sign or starting of this disease and could it be linked with adhesions? Please write back and let me know something. Thank you!

>>> Sherry <smgqueen@aol.com> 07/19/99 08:20PM >>>

Toni, I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. It is a musculoskeletal disorder consisting of terrible pain in the muscles and soft tissues throughout different parts of the body, unrelenting fatigue, anxiety and depression. There seems to be a connection between people with Fibromyalgia and scar tissue. It seems the scar response is amplified many times in people suffering from mixed connective tissue disorders such as fibromyalgia. The aches and pains are most often described as a diffuse, widespread, or general achiness that fluctuates through the full range of pain sensations and is frequently accompanied by stiffness, swelling in soft tissue, tender points and muscle spasms or nodules. Tender points cluster in regions around the neck and shoulders, the upper chest wall, and the lower back. Other symptoms may include, headaches, bowel and bladder irritability, dysmenorrhea, Raynaud's phenomenon and sleep disturbances. A medical history, including a physical exam and a neurological evaluation is essential for diagnosis of fibromyalgia(FS). FS ofter occurs simultaneously with other conditions. Hope this helps, feel free to ask me questions, I have a lot of info on this chronic pain disorder. Glad you are back! Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: