oophorectomy

Mon Jul 19 17:00:19 1999

Hi everyone. My name is Sandie and I'm from the U.K. I've been reading the postings here for a few months now and find it very informative. I was wondering if anybody has any information on laparoscopy oophorectomy. I am having my right ovary removed on Tues. 27th because of adhesions. I was wondering what the recovery time etc and any special precautions needed etc afterwards. Previous surgery includes: 3 c-sections, laparotomy for ruptured tubal pregnancy, sub-total abdominal hysterectomy with removal of left ovary. The adhesions I have are all due to surgery and hopefully this will be the last one. I've noticed from the postings here alot of you talk about barriers for adhesions as far as I'm aware in the u.k. on the National health service they do not use barriers for adhesions. At least they never have on me. I'm extremely nervous about this coming surgery as I'm only 29 and not looking forward to going on hormones or being menopausal, however, I hope they can relieve some of the pain by doing this. Many Thanks in advance for your help. Best wishes Sandei

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: