Just HI

Sun Jul 11 18:23:16 1999

I have read several postings lately about whether or not to have surgery for adhesions. I have had three and each time my adhesions have come back worse, and I am one of the lucky ones. There have been postings from some out there with surgeries numbering in the teens or higher. I won't do it again, not now anyway. I know that I can live with the pain and still function. There are days that it hurts just to try and sit up to get out of bed, but once up I can manage. I just, last week, had to go have some test run and the Dr. I saw told me that she would recommend NOT having another surgery for the adhesions because of the fact of them returning and generally returning worse than before. SO...I think what it boils down to is what can you stand to live with. How do they affect your quality of life and in the event that they do come back worse what have you gained - or lost? I know that everyone has a very different pain threshold so it definately is a personal decision. Good luck to you all seeking answers. At least now there are a lot of places to go to get some help in making those type decisions, a lot more information is available than there was just a year ago this time. Thanks to all who have made this possible.

--
Susan C.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: