Pelvic pain

Thu Jul 8 20:46:21 1999

I'd just like to add my two cents to Bev's post about location of adhesions and pain. My gyn told me that many (he said almost all) disorders of the pelvis refer pain to the right side of the pelvis. I have spoken to women whose problem was mainly their left ovary yet the pain was greatest on the right side of their pelvis. In my own case, I had extensive adhesions all around the sigmoid colon, left side as well as right, attaching the sigmoid colon to the abdominal wall in several locations on the right and left side of my pelvis. Yet I only had lower right quadrant pain. No pain at all on the left side.

Can anyone figure this out?

Lap #1: Lower right quadrant pain, adhesion lysed in lower right quadrant, other adhesions around sigmoid colon left alone. Complete relief of pain for 3 months

Lap # 2 Lap repeated 6 months after first because of return of EXACT same pain. They found that the first adhesion (lysed during hte first lap) had NOT reformed. If the pain I had originally was from the first adhesion which was lysed, why did the pain return when the adhesion had not reformed? If the pain I had originally was really from the adhesions around the sigmoid colon which they didn't touch at the first lap, then why did the pain go away for 3 months? You would think that I should not have had relief of the pain since they didn't do anything to these adhesions around the sigmoid colon during the first lap. At this second lap the adhesions aroudn the sigmoid colon were lysed and I had pain relief for about 4 months.

My conclusions are either 1) The pain is not from the adhesions at all and the pain relief was coincidental or 2) pelvic pain is not so easy to figure out.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: