Sigh

Fri May 28 16:13:14 1999

I feel so bad when I read all of our posts. I am blessed thus far...my pain is bearable. I have had adhesions for 20 months so far. I had a surgery last August to separate them and of course, they are back.

But so far, the pain is bearable...but its 9 months since surgery..but it also scares me that no one can figure out a method to deal with this!!

But I would like to ask a general question. My adhesions returned..no doubt about that...I know theyre there. So the Interceed DIDNT work. But I honestly dont feel them getting worse...maybe they just progress slowly. They are kind of just there...pulling, and throbbing, burning. So I am wondering if over time, I will get to a terrible stage??? Can I expect to get worse? More surgery?? Did you all start out at a bearable stage and over time, get progressively worse? I would like to know what I am up against.

My doctor says my adhesions are at the bottom of the ascending/descending colon and doesnt expect me to get obstructions...but of course, they're always the chance. He says I should just leave them alone..No more surgery. So far, I dont have problems with BMs. Because honestly, if I dont get worse over time..I could live my life with this...so far, I feel blessed...but I am scared of what my future COULD hold. I am not without pain or discomfort...because there is..I cant wear belts or jeans...too uncomfortable...but thankfully, its bearable.

I am sorry to read such terrible stories of doctor's runarounds, waiting for doctor's appts, doctor's results, doctor's phonecalls, etc. I KNOW EXACTLY HOW ALL OF YOU FEEL. I cant think of anything worse...is to wait for THE CALL...

Until I was diagnosed with adhesions...I went thru 10 months of DAILY DAILY hell, going from doctor to doctor, 3 ultrasounds, colonoscopies, nights laying aware in worry, tears..the fear, of what's wrong, who can help me..etc. I sympathisize SO much with us all. I dont post often..but I do read the boards daily..and I just feel so bad for us all. But at least, for right now, I have some kind of mental peace because at least I know what's wrong with me.

I just wanted to share my thoughts and say we are all in this together...

--
Helen from Chicago

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: