>to time.Also I was Pain free or at least less pain for only about 1 and
>1/2 weeks to at the most 2 weeks . Now I think the pain is just as bad
>as it was before, in exactly the same place (the left lower quadrant).I
>don't see a light at the end of the tunnel coming any time soon.I'm
>really happy about this forum.At least there are people here that
>understand what I am going through.I was hoping that the interceed would
>do it for me but I don't believe it has worked at all.I would
>have to think twice about having my Dr. use interceed on me again .Due
>to the fact that I have felt lousey since the last surgery.
>Yours in friendship,
>Peggy

Hi Peggy: I'm sorry you are feeling so lousy. We do understand, even though we all have our own different frustrations. Frustration is something we understand! It seems to me that you are going to have to act on this yourself. Continued fever after a surgical procedure is not normal and you may have to push for the consult your surgeon hinted at. This is hard to do-we tend to think that the doctors know more than us and if he's not pushing, why get worried. It's true that they do know more than us, but there are other times when you have the advantage-you know how it feels. Today I plan to leave a message on my doctor's nurse's answering machine to call me with the results of the xray and lab tests I had. I realized that they never even gave me a follow up appt and if I don't call, that will be the end of it. I realize that if the tests were abnormal I would hear (I hope so) but I want to hear even if they are normal. I know its hard to do this without feeling like the pain in the neck patient office staff sometimes talk about! The surgeon who did my second lap did not use any barrier other than saline. He said that *none* of the barriers are proven to work the way we would like them to. Now, I can only conclude that he came to this conclusion by the results he has seen himself. Good Luck, let us know how it goes.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: