Re: colo-rectal surgeon cont'd

Sat May 22 13:23:46 1999

At Thu, 20 May 1999, Christine M. Smith wrote: >
>Just wanted to add that he confirmed what I suspected-that there could
>have been something about the surgery, unrelated to the actual
>procedure, that relieved the pain. Surgery affects the body in many
>ways and anesthesia is known to affect the immune system. Also, your
>body increases production of steroids after an injury, which surgery is.
>He thought my gi symptoms are related to the sudden increase in fiber. I
>may have had a partial bowel obstruction (from the adhesion)that started
>this whole thing off 2 years ago but since I have different types of
>pain its possible I have different problems. Without the possible bone
>pain, the adhesion pain may be much more tolerable. We'll see where
>this leads.
>
>Chris S.

hello chris,

I hope you will still talk to me, I do worry about you, and care about you. I am confused of what he is going to do for you, I am seeig pcp june 8th, and I want to ask him about seeing one.

Right now things re going so bad with the bowels moving, I spend most of my day trying to mve them, if I dont it hurts really bad, now that laxatives do NOTHING<and the day before I tried to go before I drank tons of prune juice, and it was pencil thin, one stool, and iti hurt bad to getthat out. I am struggling terrible, and if I do not take alot of the juice to go , I have to keep the bowels like water, the only way I getrelief anymore, and my abdomen has been pretty swollen for a few days, but my weight keeps going down, I will hope he refers me to one, cause someone has to tell me more than some of my drs.

do you htink he can help you? I am so tired of hurting, I go bac to pain clinic in a week, all they do is up the meds. Starting to help some, but of course not completely, as she said adhesion pain is hard to treat!

I still care!

Toni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: