Diet

Fri May 14 04:43:20 1999

Hello Helen in Chicago!

In my case, basically anything that causes excessive intestinal movement, or distension through gas exacerbates the problem. She recommended avoiding: anything that stimulates intestinal movement (such as caffeine), eating to excess, carbonated drinks, and foods which are very slow to digest (esp fatty foods). I am lactose intolerant, so I also avoid dairy products.

She recommended that I increase my fluid intake, and increase my fibre. Please be aware that some doctors are recommending lower-fibre diets to avoid over-stimulation. In my case, GRADUALLY increasing my fibre has increased my regularity and does seem to be helping. Taking too much fibre when your body is not used to it is a recipe for disaster.

If I follow all of the recommendations (and sometimes it's hard to do!) I do feel better for it, although the problem is always there and the pain came come and go for apparently no reason.

I wish you every luck with it. Please feel free to email me any time, and maybe we can learn together!

>
>Hi Jo,
>
>I am fairly new to these adhesions as well. Your doctor suggested a
>special diet to control adhesions? My I ask what kind of diet it is.
>This is the first I had heard of this and I would appreciate anything
>you could share.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Helen in Chicago

--
Jo

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: