Re: you are not alone anymore !!!!!

Thu May 13 08:58:59 1999

Hi Jo, I have suffered about 10 yrs. with adhesions. I believe mine started with my ruptured tubal pregnancy. After that it has been one surgery after another. My adhesions took over my entire pelvic region, wrapped around my intestines, bowel, bladder,tubes, ovaries and were in my uterus. I have experienced bowel obstructions (I pray every day that I will not go through that again). I had a total hysterectomy, appendectomy and lysis of adhesions in Nov. I requested my Dr. use an adhesion barrier. I got all my info regarding the barriers off of the net. Let me tell you, I was really feeling alone, no one uderstood what I was going through. The quality of my life was almost non-existant. Until my son got me this computer!!! This site has brought so much peace into my life. The wonderful people who post messages to share information or just talk about the pain they experienced. I believe adhesions affect everyone differently but in my case, since most of my surgeries were laparotomies, I believe surgery has led to a lot of my adhesions. You need a surgeon skilled in lysis of adhesions and who uses the least invasive methods. You are taking the right steps by reading all the info you can. There are success stories out there!!! Again, thanks to everyone and good luck Jo!!! Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: