It's nice not to feel alone at last

Thu May 13 06:19:37 1999

Hello to everyone,

I am a 26 year old adhesion sufferer of 13 years following a an operation for a ruptered appendix which resulted in abdominal abscesses and peritonitis. The pain you are all familiar with started shortly after, and the surgeon put it down to "nerve damage".

For years, like many of you, I suffered the pain with no health care professional seeming to want to know about it. Finally, last year, my new caring GP took steps towards uncovering the problem and finally and with relief I was given the diagnosis of adhesions.

I'm pretty new with this, and would appreciate a little advice. Firstly, my doctor suggested that surgery to lyse the adhesions may simply result in further adhesion. She suggested a strict diet could control it. Secondly, I would love to hear from anyone who has looked in to or has experience with the issue of adhesions and their effect on fertility as I am considering a family.

Above all, it is just so wonderful to know I'm not alone, that there are others who understand what living with adhesions is like.

--
Jo

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: