Re: Progression of adhesions

Tue May 11 18:14:54 1999

Helen, I have had 7 surgeries in the last nine years, of which 5 were due to adhesions. I had a laparotomy in May to lyse extensive adhesions (my surgeon said it was the worst case he had ever seen) and ended up a week later with bowel obstructions. In Nov. (6 months later) I felt the same way I did before my last surgery. I could not eat, couldn't have a bowel movement and being intimate with my husband was too painful. The pain and symptoms were affecting my quality of life so in Nov. I had a total hysterectomy, appendectomy and lysis of extensive adhesions. I had asherman syndrome (adhesions in the uterus). My doctor used an adhesion barrier. It has been almost 6 months, I am having some pain and pulling in my back, intermittent nausea but doing much better this time. The point of my long story is this, if adhesions are interfering with your quality of life, you need to talk to your doctor. It is my understanding that adhesions get more dense(tougher) with time. A lot has to do with where they are. I agree that adhesions have no rhyme or reason. Read as much as you can and ask questions. This site has been a blessing for me. Feel free to contact me. Sherry smgqueen@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: