Colonoscopy and adhesions

Tue May 11 11:21:36 1999

On another forum I posted my question about whether or not the fact that the sigmoid colon was pulled over to the right side and stuck to the pelvic wall would effect how easily a colonoscopy could be done. The doctor confirmed what I suspected, that is that a sigmoid colon in this position could very well affect how easily the endoscopist could pass the scope. He/she might not know what the problem was,and just get a nonspecific impression that there was something out of the ordinary. A GI doc did a colonoscopy on me Jan 1998, which was followed by a lap 2 months later. At this lap, the adhesions around the sigmoid colon were left in place, which hid the fact that the sigmoid colon was pulled over to the right. I ended up having another lap 6 months later to correct this. Maybe if the GI doc had followed up on the possible reasons why the colonoscopy was causing me such pain (so they tell me, I remember nothing) they would have investigated this at the time of the FIRST lap and spared me the second. Maybe a colo-rectal surgeon should be the one doing the colonoscopy instead of a GI doc? This is very discouraging.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: