Adhesions - What else?

Sun May 2 21:12:04 1999

I've had 8 pelvic surgeries. You know, the usual GYN crap. But it wasn't until the last 2 that I really started having problems. Now I'm like all of you and I hate it. My quality of life stinks. I try so hard to do all the things I enjoy: running, biking, hiking, working out. I'll have a run of good days and think maybe it's going to be ok. Only to be slapped in the face by a reality check. I try to keep my spirits up, but it's hard isn't it? The company I worked for for yrs just left the area and they were real flexible with me and my health issues. Now I have the dilema of trying to find new employment and asking myself can I honestly give them my best? How long will it be before the pain gets the best of me again? It's such a vicious cycle. Has anyone out there had any luck at all with surgery to remove the adhesions? So far all I've read are negative results. I'm currently trying magnetics: I wear one around my waist and sleep on a bed pad with 350 of them in it. Who knows if its working. Anyone else tried magnets? I'm off Lortab which I took on and off for the last 2 yrs. Boy was that fun (the withdrawals)! And you guys are right-most doctors just don't want to deal with you. I was in the ER last Friday and they did absolutley nothing for me. I was in so much pain that I even took my overnight bag, practically hoping they'd admit me and do some extensive tests. Fat chance! I didn't even get a shot for the pain. I guess I'll try a pain clinic. But would really like to hear from someone with positive results from surgical removal of the adhesions.

--
B.J.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: