Just Checking In

Sun May 2 15:38:37 1999

Hi All, I've been away from my computer for the last couple of days and have just checked the posted messages. My heart and prayers go out to all of you out there!! I must say that I have a GREAT and caring GP now and she understands and deals with my pain fairly and honestly, however, it wasn't always that way. I went to so many that did not believe in treating pain with pain meds. They all wanted to try anti-inflammatories, steriods, etc., anything but what worked. I would give anything not to have to rely on pills on a daily basis, but at this point whatever works!! I am on 10/500 Lortab (hydrocodone) 4 tid. And they do relieve the pain enough so I can get on with doing my job and getting through the day. What I find most disturbing is the attitude that I get from others, mostly those who do not deal with chronic pain, concerning the fact that I can't deal with the pain on my own. I've had quite a few suggest mind control (meditation, accupucture, etc) or herbals - boy that would be nice!!!! And I might add a WHOLE LOT cheaper. Anyway, do you all find the same mind set? or is it just around me? Also just wanted to say hi to all and good luck to all that are trying to find help and relief.

--
Susan C.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: