please help me!

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Wed Mar 13 19:22:47 2013

________________________________________ From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of
--
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:55 PM
To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org
Subject: Re: please help me!

I went to see Dr. Redan too, i live in florida and found him from this website. He is wonderful although, you are correct. Some of the bill my insurance didnt pay.  It paid for him, the hospital stay but the additional doctors they had come see me, for like 2 minutes, they didnt pay because they were not "in network" with BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF FLORIDA. My feeling is they should not expect me to pay that I did NOT request the other doctors nor did i need them.  

They should have checked into my benefits before sending some doctor that does not participate with a florida based insurance.  I work in the medical billing field and i know that it is the hospitals responsibility to check benefits.  

I have been having difficulty with my adhesions again and as so so nervous about having to have another surgery.   I have had so many already that I am afraid I will wake up with a bag or no stomach left.  i am also scared cuz the body can only take so many operations.  I am so very scared.  People dont understand adhesions but I am so grateful for Dr. Redan, he did a great nov before.  

I just wish they would find a way to fuse the adhesions to stop them from regrowing.  I know its a dream but i sure wish there was a way....no matter what we do they keep coming back and like he told me "the more you cut, the more you create".

I live about 3 hours, maybe little more, away from Celebration Hospital.  Just dont want to go back for another surgery.....

-----Original Message----- From: International Adhesions Society <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sun, Mar 10, 2013 6:46 pm Subject: please help me! From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Maikki Gonzalez Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 7:17 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: please help me!

Ive heard of the hospital in Celebration Florida! However its hard to get insurance companies to pay for it!

[IAS Admin: Patients should always check with their personal insurance company for benefits & allowances to confirm what their insurance company may (or may not) pay for prior to service]

On Mar 7, 2013 10:37 PM, "International Adhesions Society" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: cynthia meuse <cynthlily@hotmail.com> Subject: Re: please help me!

Thanks! I have a doctor art mass general in Boston- he is world class. As my family lives up there- I'm going up there in June or July and will take care of these latest nasty adhesions. I lasted  for 9 years since my last,abdominal surgery - I had only one surgery since then- a kidney removal - but it was done laparoscopicly. Where is celebration?

On Mar 2, 2013, at 10:10 PM, "International Adhesions Society" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote:

> Sender: Stacey Bennett <annastace2000@hotmail.com> > Subject: Re: please help me! > > Hi Cynthia, > > I have gone through the same thing you have, I have had numerous surgeries, > no female organs left and my colon removed. I also live in Florida. The > doctor who saved me was Dr. Jay Redan in Celebration Florida. Maybe you > should look into him, he is the only surgeon that has ever been able to help > me. > > On Feb 26, 2013, at 9:28 PM, "International Adhesions Society" > <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: > >> Sender: cynthia meuse <cynthlily@hotmail.com> >> Subject: Re: please help me! >> >> I have had 7 abdominal surgeries - no female organs left and one bowel >> resection- I currently have what the gastro calls 2 "kinks" caused by >> adhesions in my intestines. He told me it doesn't help to have lysis > because >> they just get worse- and to go on a liquid diet- forever. When I eat > certain >> things they get stuck in my intestines and its extremely painful. I live > in >> Florida - the worst medical care in th country- I plan on seeing my gastro >> in Boston this summer. There is a fantastic dr at the Winchester hospital >> who did my bowel resection- Arlen Fuller- he was formerly the head of the >> women's cancer surgery at mass general. Fo anyone in that area- the gastro >> is Dr Libby- Winchester hospital and dr fuller- Winchester hospital- a >> wonderful team. I'm hoping that when I go there they will fix me again >>

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: