ADHESIONS digest 1517

Sun Jan 27 15:03:10 2013

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of NANCY Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 3:43 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 1517

Dear Michelle, I am also in the health care field and noone understands the pain we edur daily. i have suffered from adhesions now for about 22 years. had one surgery to get rid of them it only brought them back more intense.. i will not undergo another surgery for them i try to eat less at each meal and avoid all fiber ... that makes it worse... I use biofreeze to help with the pain that i have in my belly daily.. the bowel movements are not at all what they should be and i feel it but i go on daily because i have to income the number one reason there are days i want to just give it in but i say tommorrow will be a better day... you must go on and try to live with this condition in all my years involved in this site i have seen nothing that works with our condition.. drs do not understand nor do our peers... i wear loose clothing and just go on each day in my job.. I have worked in my current position for 18 years and I will not let this get the best of me.. Just hang in there and try different types of foods that agree with you. I drink lots of water daily an eat very little but enough to keep me going... i am not underweight or over weight i seem to maintain what i have.. THE ONE THING I KNOW IS I WILL NOT UNDERGO ANOTHER SURGERY .i do have bowel obstructions and feel the pain for days but i then take liquid drinks and it seems to pass and all is relieved.. do not let this get you down ok. You can live with it I have done it now for 20+ years no surgery not hospitlizations .. ITS MIND OVER MATTER ... i HOPE THIS HELPS YOU SOMEWHAT... NANCY IN NEW HAMPSHIRE.. XO Nancy

-----Original Message----- From: Adhesions Society <adhesions@adhesions.org> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Sun, Jan 27, 2013 4:27 pm Subject: ADHESIONS digest 1517 ADHESIONS Digest 1517

Topics covered in this issue include:

1) please help me! by "IAS Admin" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:25:49 -0600 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "IAS Admin" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To: <adhesions@adhesions.org>
Subject: please help me!
Message-ID: <007101cdfcd4$e23a24a0$7601a8c0@Tracy>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Subject: Re: please help me!

That sounds bad. I am not a dr. but I know that pain. It happens to me maybe your track is getting narrowed don't give up .

At Fri, 28 Sep 2012, michelle wrote: > >I am two days out of the hospital! I guess you can call me a frequent >flyer there. I was admitted this time again for nasua, vomiting, and >dehydration. They never realy know what to do with me but rehydrating >me and getting me backon solid foods.I was in this time for eleeven >days. This was my third hospital stay in six months. > >I have hAD five abdominal surgeries over the years and have no female >organs left.My last surgerie around three years ago was to remove >adhesions and became a bowel resection and a long recovery. Im told >this surgerie was very dangerous and I continue to have PAIN and >periodic vomiting and bowel issues constantly. this visit to the >hospital was the topping on the cake. I consulted with many docters and >they said they would not touch me unless I had a bowel obstruction again >or I was dying. I also was told by a surgion that adhesions do not >cause PAIN...... WOW REALY THEN IT MUST BE IN MY HEAD! I have missed >six weeks of work and I was not a very dependable employee previously >because of constant pain and vomiting and bowel issues. I have or >should I say had a great job that I worked hard to achieve but they are >not being very supportive of course they have a bussiness to run I >understand and I work in the health care field with children. I am also >the primary income. I lost a 20 year marriage because of all this >nonsense and recently remarried a wonderful man but how much will he be >able to take is the question. >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: