Abdominal Adhesions caused from Major Abdominal Surgery

Tue Jul 3 19:56:26 2012

I am not the one suffering from chronic back, abdominal & pelvic pain my boyfriend of 13 years is suffering. In a way our children and I have been suffering with him. My boyfriend Tony was shot on his left lower pelvic side and underwent major abdominal surgery to repair the damage. The main artery to his left leg was severed and repaired with a vein that was removed from the same area and has left a large scar. Also the Sigmoid portion of his colon was severed and small intestine was also severed and repaired. A portion of his colon was removed and a colostomy bag was placed for 8 months. A short time after he had to have his gallbladder removed which was another open surgery and another incision and another scar. After the colostomy bag was removed and his colon reattached he began having complications.

To this day we make a minimum of 3 monthly visits to the hospital because of partial bowel obstructions. At first we were making 5-6 monthly hospital visits and he was spending up to 60% or more of every month in the hospital with NG tubes that went through his nose and down into his stomach sucking all the bile that was backed up from the obstruction.

The main incision, starting from his lower chest on down to below his belly button near his pelvis where it ends, has been opened up 2 times for colon repair and 2 times for adhesion removal in the last 2 years making a total of 4 repeat surgeries. His body has been poked so many times from IV needles, IV picks, and to draw blood that they can no longer find a good enough vein to use. Once they actually placed an IV needle into his neck because they couldn't use anywhere else and the most recent one was in his chest, which on both occasions the IV "infiltrated" or busted and left large swollen lumps in his neck and chest!

Our frustration and fast growing lack of hope is getting worse with every doctor we see that tells us there is nothing they can do. We continue having to deal with the severe abdominal pain, severe back pain that at times leaves him bed ridden for days at a time, bowel obstructions, and reoccuring hardening of his scars. The only treatment that has ever been given to him is pain medications, which have no affect unless he takes twice the amount he's supposed to. Here lately he often breaks out in a cold sweats and has passed out at one time due to pain and discomfort. After all this and even more that was not written we still have not come across a doctor that will even consider looking into ADHESIONS being the main factor to his suffering!!! The more research I do the more I'm convinced it is adhesions but how do I get a doctor to even consider it without the usual attitude of I know nothing and the doctor knows "EVERYTHING" and yet they can't help him!

If there is any advise or suggestions as to getting him some type of treatment or help in anyway possible please let us know! Thank You!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: