Recent News

Tue Dec 13 19:28:48 2011

I've been living with severe abdominal adhesions for 25+ years. Recently, I discovered the adhesions are now around my stomach, gall bladder, lungs, heart (everything north of the diaphragm). I had to go to the emergency room as I knew something was wrong. I have no medical insurance so that visit cost me $1396.00 and all I really got was some Prednisone and Vicodin. I know stress is key to the swelling and I try to avoid it at all costs but that's not always easy. Recently I have found that my stomaach won't allow me to eat the way I used to. People joke about the way I eat but it's not funny to me. I take very small bites and chew until the food is basically dissolved. I've lost over 50 pounds in the past two years. I sometimes wake up with a 'tightness' in my chest but I know it's just the adhesions and, since nothing can be done about them, I just turn over and try to go back to sleep.

Why does this continue to be such a medical mystery? Is it the fact that mostly women suffer from this condition that precludes it from a cure? I have my original medical records showing the findings of when this was first discovered in me. There were unidentified blue crystals in my abdomen and they were thought to be the antagonist. That was when I was 28. Now I'm 55 and things have progressed to the point where I fear every little twinge.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: