PA help

Thu Mar 31 21:20:06 2011

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer Brady Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 6:44 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: PA help

hello, I just wanted to tell you to hang in there, and try to stay positive. I want to vent myself right now. I totally understand how you feel, I also do not know how I am supposed to go through life hurting all the time, and constantly trying to educate the physicians I'm seeing. I am trying to reasurch the cause of adhesions. So far the more I learn, the more questions I get. But I have learned a few things I can pass on to you. I recently learned that there are three different types of adhesions. So we all need to ask our surgerons what type of adhesions do I have? ( Bacterial- yellow, Filmy- Clear, Fibrosis- white thick rope like) What grade adhesions? ( grades one through four). Also ask your physicians what medicines were used in previous surgerys, also what type of gas was used to blow up stomach cavity. I have found internet sites that state that powder latex gloves make adhesions, that cartin gases make more also, and that useing any gauze on orogans can make them also. Also the adhesion barrier Seprafilm can be used in a single layer or up to ten layers!! I have an apointment to go back to my surgeon and ask all of these questions. I'm also curious why he has always treated my adhesions as a single problem, when there are three different kinds! there for there must be three different medicines and approaches right????? I'm squeezing in a little reasurch each day, I hope to have more information soon. I have sceduled apointments and second opinions with four different doctors. Those apointments are spread out over the next few months. Anyways I'm sorry you are having a hard time, I do understand how hard it can be. I also have three small children, and school, and their medical concerns. It is alot, and somedays I don't know how I will find the time to even find the answers. ( I think you are very wise to speak to a councelor, sometimes I feel I should.)  but I keep my faith that I will find a solution. I have to!!! and I will let you know when I find out anything else that might help us. Good luck to you!! Jenn

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM, IAS Admin <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: Bjaquith@comcast.net (Sevenangels) Subject: PA help

Adhesions survivor and sufferer for 4 years.  Had abdominoplasty to remove 4 pounds of adhesions.  Did well for 3 months then bam they came back big time.  Feel like guinea pig with shots, needles, trigger point this, new costly drug that doesn't work that.  Sick of it all and need advice.  Was on oxycodone 5 2-3 per day and doing well.  Have gone to psychologist since day 1 since i have been fearful of narcotic pain meds and ive wanted to make sure any psychological issues dealing with the pain are properly dealt with.recently my Pcp sends me to pm who changes to nucynta and a TENS unit and I'm not doing well at all.  Pain worse, headache and serious stomach issues with this med and yeah it isn't a cheap med either.  

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: