Re: which way to turn?

Sat Jul 31 21:14:13 2010

Well, I'm having to face the surgical beast again even though I too have been told don't let anyone back in your stomach unless it's life or death. Well, I have had ovarian remnants to return since the last surgeon didn't get them all. Of couse more adhesions are going to form and he says the surgery may help some or hurt things more. It is like flipping a coin- it's a 50/50 chance of more harm versus good, but the remnants can't stay and be left alone and not removed. I am so scared to do surgery again !!! But, my options are, well, none. So that was my decision and I could end up with a.colostomy!

Sent from my iPhone - from dawn

On Jul 23, 2010, at 11:37 PM, "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: From: greggdawn@msn.com (Izzy) Subject: which way to turn?

I was reading the message about how long is too long. I am confused. My new doctor (another of the many) told me last week that she would not even consider doing another surgery and I was crazy if I let anyone else do it either. Of course the problem is caused by the solution but please...what is a person to do?

If you are damned if you do and damned if you don't then is it just a flip of a coin?

I am on high doses of medication just to get through the day. Of course the medication takes away your life because all I do is sleep and wish my brain would start working again, Of course I would love nothing more than to be rid of them, but the only way would be another surgery. I am trying to balance that need with the horrible things that can occur with yet another surgery. If the adhesions are wrapped around your bowels and anything nicks them during surgery.... I guess I would rather deal with the devil I already know.

What have you done with this delima? Does anyone have any advise about which direction to turn (okay, I know we can't turn since it just rips more scar tissue and causes more pain...lol)?

Thanks for just being there.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: