Adhesions Disability

Sat Jul 31 21:13:27 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 10:56 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Adhesions Disability

Hi Dawn, I am sorry that you are having another surgery :(  This is now the 2nd time I have heard on this site about women having ovarian tissue remnants. I was told the same thing was on my left side after I had an Ultra Sound. When I went to Germany in 2005 for surgery with Dr. Kruschinski, I had a meeting with him before my surgery to go over my records. I told him what the Dr's. here said about having leftover ovarian tissue with a cyst on it. He said no, that isn't so. I was a bit shocked, and he said he would explain more after surgery. When he showed me the pics from adheliosis, he explained it was an adhesion water blister and he removed it. I'm not saying that is what you have, I just wanted to share what I had. When you see your Dr. for pre-op, or a nurse, go over your fears with them. Maybe something can be done to keep you more comfortable coming out of the anesthetic? When I went to court for my disabilty hearing, my attorney said the one thing that he felt made the difference was that I told a Dr. that I just want to be well, that I want to go back to work. I was blessed with a very knowlegeble attorney too. I also have other health issues not just adhesions. Best of luck to you. I hope that they can get it all cleaned up for you and not have to give you a colostomy bag. I hope that your court date will also be in your favor. Take Care, Cheryl   > Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 22:36:50 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: Adhesions Disability
>
> Sender: Dawn <whity631@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Adhesions Disability
>
> I have an appt. Next week with my lawyer to " prepare" for my hearing
before > the ALJ sometime in September.
> I'm scheduled for yet another surgery at UPMC-Magee on 8/16 to remove a
> pelvic mass which they think are more ovarian remnants that have returned.
> The surgery is cosidered risky due to the massive adhesions and it's a
> possibility I could end up with a colostomy or he could open me up and say
> it's too dangerous to try and just close me back up. I'm really scared
about > this one. I know it sounds kindof bad, but I wonder if this will help my
> case any?
> With my surgery being so close to the hearing date I'll definitely have a
> hard time walking. Ugh! I hate that first feeling of awareness once you
wake > up from surgery, all the immense pain, it's so awful and of course I'm not
> looking forward to it at all, but no other options are left to get rid of
> them(the remnants).
>
> dawn
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: