adhesions

Thu May 6 01:28:38 2010

Has total hysterectomy helped anyone? I was told adhesions have wrapped around my bowels and other female organs, I had an large vertical abdominal incision for an appendectomy with complications 30 years ago, 7 years later I had to have corrective surgery, had severe abdominal pain during sex, began with only a laparoscope, but once inside found uterus turned self inside out (yes this is the truth, docs never believe that part) bladder was upside down, tubes & ovaries filled with cysts, I have had trouble all my adult life with female organs, 8 years ago had a laparoscope to remove severe adhesions, periods have gotten extremely painful over last year, 12 weeks ago, I was urinating & had the worse pain ever covering this scar (twice cut) and a severe tugging, pulling burning feeling on my belly button (inside) and a pressure type feeling on my abdominal wall, has any one felt this before? OBGYN said I now have endometriosis as well, but a surgeon must remove the adhesions she says because after reading all past medical records she said adhesions wrapped around bowels & she feels that's what is causing tugging feeling, also my uterus is adhered to the abdominal wall, not in correct position, so she (OBGYN) doesn't even want to attempt to begin to touch that type of surgery, (which I have also read a good OBGYN will refer you to a surgeon instead of attempting that surgery)I requested laparoscope assisted hysterectomy, or at least a horizontal scar instead which won't hurt as much, she said no on all accounts due to the adhesion bowl wrapped issue, I have read many post on many complications with the bowels & bladder & returning adhesions post hysterectomy (which I can't have vaginally because I have never been able to have kids because of all these female problems) I am now in a panic and scared to death, can someone please help me and offer me some security or at least some suggestions, or at least let me know if you had less problems & felt better after a total hysterectomy, or got more adhesions? I am very traumatized by all I have read and I need help, can I refuse, or will it just complicate matters if I suggest only adhesion removal, is a hysterectomy necessary with my mess inside my body? Will it help or will it make things worse? Someone please help me I am scared to death

Please help

--
Meeka

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: