Re: Adhesions spread

Sun May 2 20:58:07 2010

Hi Ann I am in the same shoes that u are in, and it sucks! Just recently found out that I have ovarian remnants back one in the pelvis and one on the bowel which could lead to temp or permanent cholostomy! My last surgeon will not touch me due to the severity of my insides so he has referred me to an oncologist/gym surgeon. What do I do? As u say continue in immense pain or take a huge risk with surgery? But I really am scared to let these cysts grow inside of me. I suppose I have to wait and see what the surgeon says first, as he may decide not to even go in. It's so scary either way, and I really don't know what to do.thx for listening. Dawn

Sent from my iPhone - from dawn

On Apr 22, 2010, at 9:41 PM, "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: From: annastace2000@hotmail.com (Stacey) Subject: Re: Adhesions spread

Hi Ann,

I agree you need to have surgery before the adhesions cause an obstruction or start involving your intestines. The only thing is when it comes to surgery you need to MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN EDUCATED SURGEON, that is well versed on adhesions and endometriosis and how to remove them. I would not go to just any surgeon. I have had multiple surgeries due to adhesions and endo by surgeons who only made me worse. I finally found a surgeon, Dr. Jay Redan, who fixed me. If a surgeon is actually telling you that surgery is your only alternative, you need to find a GOOD SURGEON. Surgeons usually try to eliminate surgery when it comes to adhesions. Where do you live Ann? The surgeon that has done my past two surgeries is in Florida and he is the best surgeon I have ever been to. I would not let anyone else touch me now, I trust him with my life. If you want more information, just email me.

--
Stacey

At Fri, 26 Mar 2010, Ann wrote:

I had a hysterectomy 3yr ago 4 endo! Now its spread 2 the apendix,bowel+chest wall. I have been told by a surgeon that my only option is more surgery!i am scared 2 death as i was told that during surgery i will b at risk from peritonitous+ a possible colostomy bag!wot choice do i have?pain 24/7 or risk surgery? If i opt out of surgery will these adhesions spread further?someone please help,im slowly loosin the fight! Thank you, ann

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: