Celiac Plexus Block

Wed Jan 20 19:42:33 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 9:41 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Celiac Plexus Block

I am still not feeling well from the Celiac Plexus Block Procedure. It has been a rough road. Thank Heavens you are knocked out cold for the procedure. The first thing the Doc said to me is I will be shocked if it does work. All of my pain is on the Left side, the Plexus Block is done on the Right. He felt it was worth a try because I have never had an Upper Endoscopy procedure, and I need to have it done for that reason. It has taken me over 2 years because I have not had health Ins. Now I have it! I have been in intense pain since the procedure. The Doc did a biopsy on the small intestine (looking for a gluten allergy) and on my right side where my Gallbladder used to be it was red and inflammed. The pain on my right side has been like every breath I take, I get bit under my ribs, in the middle of my abdomen, it's like someone is doing the Claw on me, left side adhesion pain unchanged. I ended up in Urgent care yesterday, I was having the intense right side pain, chills, sweats, listless. They did an abdominal x-ray, CBC, pancreas blood test, and one other? My tests came back normal. The radiologist will look over the X-ray on Mon. looking for a tear. The doctor I saw just feels that my pancrease is inflammed, and a bit ticked off that alcohol and a steroid was injected into it causing intense pain. He felt that after 3-4 more days I should be better. I sure hope so. I have kind of had it! No #2 or #3 celious plexus blocks, I'm done. I guess if you have adhesions on your right side, there is a good chance the procedure will work. I just wanted to fill you all in. Thanks for caring. Just remember everyone is different. Just because I have had a bad time doesn't mean that the next person won't do great. I had a sore throat for about 2-3 days. That was because they had 3 tubes down my throat. Take care everyone. Cheryl   > Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:49:38 -0600
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: Celiac Plexus Block
>
> Sender: kkajark@aol.com (Kim)
> Subject: Re: Celiac Plexus Block
>
> Good luck with your procedure. I am very afraid of doing this but my
> pain doc keeps telling me I should do it. Why did it take 2 years to
> have it done? How do they know where to put the block? Please post how
> it goes as I am interested. Thanks Kim
>
> At Thu, 14 Jan 2010, IAS Admin wrote:
> >
> >From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf
Of > >HERB F DIXON
> >Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 11:13 AM
> >To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org
> >Subject: Celiac Plexus Block
> >
> > Well tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for, for about 2 years. I
am > >going in for my Celiac Plexus Block. I am a bit apprehensive about it
all, > >but thank God that I am not having an abdominal surgery. I don't remember
> if
> >I explained the process. It is the same procedure that is used on
> Pancreatic
> >Cancer patients. The Doctor does an esophegial ultra sound using a
special > >ultra sound wand with a camera in it to find the exact area where the
block > >will be put, then a needle is in the ultra sound wand? itself. They put
in > >an alcohol based solution with a steroid. My Gastro says it may lower my
> >pain level, then it will start to raise again. That is when you get
another > >pain block. You go in for a series of 3. It can last up to six months. It
> >just lowers the pain level. Basically masks the pain like the pain meds
do,

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: