Celiac Plexus Block

Thu Jan 14 17:01:02 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 11:13 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Celiac Plexus Block

Well tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for, for about 2 years. I am going in for my Celiac Plexus Block. I am a bit apprehensive about it all, but thank God that I am not having an abdominal surgery. I don't remember if I explained the process. It is the same procedure that is used on Pancreatic Cancer patients. The Doctor does an esophegial ultra sound using a special ultra sound wand with a camera in it to find the exact area where the block will be put, then a needle is in the ultra sound wand? itself. They put in an alcohol based solution with a steroid. My Gastro says it may lower my pain level, then it will start to raise again. That is when you get another pain block. You go in for a series of 3. It can last up to six months. It just lowers the pain level. Basically masks the pain like the pain meds do, but much more intense.

I would love to have the adhesions taken care of, but... that's another story. I have had my pain intensify the past few weeks, and have noticed a knot right in the area where I had an incision for adhesion surgery. You can visibly see the knot and when I feel it, and around it, it feels to be the size of a fifty cent piece.  It feels like a round mass.I have very sharp pain there to the point that I am only able to walk around to do things maybe 5 min. at a time. It has just come on. I will ask the Doctors about it tomorow if I get the chance and get to see them before they put me out. I am a bit scared about it, just must be because of the unknown. Thanks everyone for being there and always listening. I have just met wonderful people through this website :). I will post to let you all know how it all went on Thursday. We Probably won't get home until 8:00 PM or later. We live about 1 1/4 hours away from OHSU. Cheryl  

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: