ADHESIONS digest 1201 - request for adhesions doctor

Mon Jan 4 19:58:02 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 5:45 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 1201 - request for adhesions doctor

Hi Judy and Jack, My name is Jenny. I have been suffering with adhesions since my diagnosis with Endometriosis over five years ago. I am going for my 11th surgery in two weeks. My most recent episode in pain began in October. I had surgery in January of 09 for hernia along my midline incision. I was pain free after my recovery until October. I have been hospitalized five times for pain and nausea. My primary Dr. Is very understanding, but we can't get any other Dr. to help me. I decided to look into Dr. Redan down in Florida. I live in Illinois. After a little back and forth I will be going down on the 18th and having surgery with Dr. Redan on the 21st. For the past two months my life has revolved around taking Morphine and Dilaudid along with nausea meds and in and out of the hospital. I know how incredibly hard it is to live with a disease that some Dr.'s still won't believe as a pain causing disease. I have had Er Dr.s and RNs treat me as a drug addict. I have had surgeons look me straight in the eyes and tell me that adhesions don't cause pain. I would just break down and cry. My husband and entire family have been my mainstay. Also this website. This is where you come to remember that it is NOT in your head..the pain is real and YOU are NOT alone. We are all in this, unfortunately,together. Jack, don't give up. Help is out there. And we are all here for you and each other. Please feel free to email me anytime. May God Bless you and your wife Judy. Take care of each other. Jenny kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message----- From: "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 16:45:40 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Subject: ADHESIONS digest 1201 - request for adhesions doctor From: jack.barnett@sbcglobal.net (Jack Barnett) Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 1201 - request for adhesions doctor

I am typing this for my husband, Jack. He's too defeated to even search the internet for some hope. He has suffered terribly with abdominal adhesions for 5 or 6 years now. Adhesions due to multiple surgeries from Ulcerative Colitis/Crohn's Disease. The doctors have pretty much told him to go live his life, there's nothing they can do. It's hard to live your life when you lay in bed in pain all day, crying out to God for help. Dr. Gerhart sounds like a Godsend. I looked up his website that you listed, Tara, and nearly cried. Too bad he's in PA, but at least OH is only one state away. Can you give more insight, any personal experience with Dr. Gerhart, anyone? Would it be worth the trip? Sounds like it would, I'm just looking for more confirmation.

Also, Jack told me if I find someone else who is suffering as he is, he'd love to have someone else to talk to. Let me know if you or anyone is interested in sharing with him.

Judy (for Jack)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: