Subtotal Colectomy questions??? Surgery scheduled with Dr. Redan.

Sun Nov 29 20:45:38 2009

Hi, I have not been on here in a long time. I am having major problems once again. I had surgery with Dr. Redan 3 years ago for removal of adhesions which was very successful. I love Dr. Redan he is an awesome doc. I have had many many surgeries over the years for various problems, endo, adhesions, ovarian cysts etc. Now, my colon no longer works. It has been about 1 1/2 years since it actually worked properly. It will not move at all. I have to give myself major enemas to empty it. I went back to Dr. Redan recently and he stated I needed to have the adhesions removed again as well as a subtotal colectomy. He did a sitz marker study on me and stated it showed my colon is not moving. He states I have slow transit constipation caused by the many open surgeries that were done and nerve and muscle damage that was caused by this. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this procedure done and if anyone can give me any information regarding this procedure..any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: