SprayGel and SprayShield used in Europe

Tue Sep 15 19:57:01 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 11:29 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: SprayGel and SprayShield used in Europe

Hi Melissa, I had "Spray Gel" used on me back in 2005. I saw Dr. Kruschinski for surgery in Germany. The most unfortunate part is 7 weeks post op I got hurt. Slipped and slid, and smacked my abdomen, and jammed up my body. I was having adhesion pain again, and Dr. K. said that the possibility of my adhesions returning were good (BAD) When I smacked my abdomen, it more than likely caused internal bleeding which in turn causes adhesions. I just progressively got worse with adhesions again. The summer of 2006 at work on my break, my sandal hit the lip on the sidewalk, I went stumbling trying to catch myself and ended up flat on the ground. I stuck my chin out so I wouldn't break any teeth. Skinned both knees, elbows, and flat on my abdomen. In Feb 2007 I had my Gallbladder removed. Now this is comical, The Surgeon stated that my Surgery in Germany was a success, and that I didn't have any adhesions. In the operative report he wrote as I was being prepped to remove the gallbladder, he had to remove adhesions before getting to the gallbladder. So who knows? Totally contradicted himself though. I wish that I could say that it all helped me, but I can't, I never got the chance to find out . Dr. K gave me the pics from my surgery, and the pics of applying the spraygel. The best thing from the surgery is that he didn't use any gas to extend my abdomen. They tip you at an angle. Of course I was sore from having surgery, BUT, it was heaven not to have to deal with gas trapped in my body like all of the other surgeries that I had here in the U.S. When my Gallbladder was removed man was the gas trapped in my body again, feeling like a shovel was being stuck into my shoulder. Where are "Clinical Trials" being performed using "Spray Gel Adhesion Barrier"? or "Spray shield"? I have researched, and haven't found anything yet. I am still a mess with adhesions. If I had it to do over again, I would go to Germany again, have my surgeries. ( He does 2, 1st and 2nd look) then when I would go home, I would lock myself in the house and do nothing for the recuperation time! Good luck to you Melissa, please keep us informed. Cheryl

>----- Original Message -----
From: IAS Admin (Tracy) To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 5:19 PM Subject: SprayGel and SprayShield used in Europe

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Klowtens@aol.com Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 4:21 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: SprayGel and SprayShield used in Europe

I was just at the doctor today and found out I am a candidate for spray gel here in the United States for research. I want to know if anybody as yet tried this and what their feedback is. Please let me know.

Thank you, Melissa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: