OK, Why am I such a whimp?

Mon Aug 24 21:00:31 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 11:59 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: OK, Why am I such a whimp?

Kristie, You are not a WIMP! Everyone delas with pain differently. FYI, I take 8 percocet daily, and 40 mg. of methadone. I was on morpheine but I hated the way I felt on it, plus I would quit breathing when I was sleeping keeping my Husband up at night afraid that I would die. My pain is God awful. There are days when I abuse my meds and take 1-2 extra pills. Thats when I am writhing in pain pulling my hair out and sobbing Oh God make this STOP! I also hate what this illness has done to me and turned me into. I never feel high either, my system is accostomed to my meds. I would give anything to take meds that actually take the pain away, the pain just gets dulled a bit. I am able to drive also, but I know that I shouldn't because of being on a controlled substance. Plus Law Enforcement can tell by your eyes if you are on narcotics. There are more of us out here taking meds than you think. I don't feel that I am a wimp. It is the only way I can deal. After having 4 children, you DO know what pain is, especially 2 C-Sections. I never had kids naturally. My oldest was 10 lbs. 1 oz. and 22 1/2 in. long. He wasn't coming out. My pelvis never spread for him to come out. My youngest was breach 2 weeks before due date, so that time I scheduled my C-section to deliver him. I didn't want to get beat to death trying to deliver naturally again, then have a C-section. You have 4 kids, and you are dealing with raising them, running them everywhere, running a home, a job? and your horrible pain on top of it all. I think you are pretty remarkable! Hey give yourself a break, and a pat on the back, your plate is full, and runneth over!! Talk with your Doctor and tell him how you are dealing, Not dealing with your pain. He may add something else to take with your percocet, or increase your dose to 2 more pills a day. Some people use pain patches. I am going to OHSU next month for a consultation with 2 doc's to see if the Celious Plexis Nerve Block may help me out, or not? My Gastro said that it helps some people more than others. I can't do anything until Dec. that is when I will FINALLY have health care. Kristie, take care of yourself, and give yourself a break. I deal with depression with Adhesions, and want my life back sooooo bad. I also take antidepressants. I would give anything to just FLUSH all of my meds! I just feel so old for my age. I just turned 51. Good luck! Cheryl   > Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:50:19 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: OK, Why am I such a whimp?
>
> Sender: extrafeetmom@yahoo.com (Kristie)
> Subject: OK, Why am I such a whimp?
>
> I have read a lot of the postings today. It seems I am much whimper
> than all you guys. I take percocet. A LOT of percocet. I was on 9
> pills of oxycotin for years, and my pain started to be "less of a
> pain".....so I got off of those and took percocet just as needed. Well,
> about 3 months ago, the pain started back and I have to take 2 percocet
> about 2-3 times a day. I never ever feel
> "high". I can drive and do everything, it just takes the pain away or
> lessons it so I can function.
> So why can't I get by with lesser drugs like you all seem to do? I have
> had 4 babies, pushed two out, and had C sections, I know what pain