Pain is back

Tue Jul 7 16:38:24 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2009 1:00 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Pain is back

I know how you feel especially the part to quit eating. What are you doing in place of food? I just want to eat soft stuff hoping that when it goes through me, it won't hurt ripping and tearing through my bowel waiting to have a B.M. Just please take care of yourself, and don't starve yourself to death. My son drinks Ensure loves the protein vanilla shake ones very cold. You need to do what is right for you. Your sister means well, she just has not gone through it, and has a hard time watching you go through it like my Husband and sons do with me. Yesterday being the 4th, there was a big family get together. By the time I finished with the food I was making to take, I was in pretty bad shape. We hit the road anyway, I was doubling over in the car totally uncomfortable, and bawling, sooo my family brought me home, and decided to just stay with me. My Dad is here is 83 and I haven't seen him or his wife in over 4 years, that is what really upsets me. Today, my Brother has a big retirement Party. He worked for the Pen for 33 years. So I pray that I can go. It just hurts so bad, and people just DO NOT GET IT!! Then of course I am also dealing with the guilties. I finally did quit my job for good back in 2007. I had applied for SSD before and got denied, the 2nd time, I was accepted, although, I have to go in every 3 years for disability evaluation. Getting disability checks is very nice. It is just taking forever to get health ins. Not until Dec. of this year. We are all here to help each other through the tough times. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. May God Bless you Dalene. Cheryl D.

>----- Original Message -----
From: IAS Admin (Tracy) To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2009 9:17 AM Subject: Pain is back From: dalene1020@netzero.net (Dalene) Subject: Pain is back

3 days ago, I have decided to stop eating altogether.  I am doing fairly well without any abdominal pain and I am going to continue to not eat for at least 6 mos.  My sister wants me to have surgery again, but I feel that is not the answer for me right now.  My last surgery last year was difficult because I ended up in ICU for a couple of days.  I have been dealing with this disease since 1996 and continue to struggle.  My gastro doctor told me I have the gene for crohn's disease on top of my adhesion disease now.  He put me on a drug called: LIALDA which is for people with crohn's.  It does help a little but I am still suffering in pain again.  I see my pain doctor tomorrow.  I am still full time employed and trying to hold on to my job.  My job understands my disease and they seem to tolerate it because I am under FMLA intermediate , which means that whenever the pain gets to be too much for me at work, then I can sign out on FMLA and go home for that day. My sister wants me to fill out social security disability because I am not getting any better.  I tried the first time with a counselor who told me not to fill the paper work out because with the money that I am currently earning would not justify me for disability.  I can hardly hold on to working 40 hrs a week.  I do the best that I can and sometimes feel it is not good enough.  It is just so expensive to be sick in this day and age.  I am at a point in my life now that I will have to continue to work until one day I am not able to tolerate the pain anymore and be put on a morphine pump. Could all of you please pray for me? And also that the Lord give me the strength to keep my job? Thank-you all for listening to me.  It feels great to get this all off of my chest.  Thank-you from the bottom of my hear. Dalene

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: