Nerve Damage

Tue Jun 2 21:17:34 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of annmarie bluett Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 1:50 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Nerve Damage

Hey Nisha Thank you for replying - just had a knocking of head's with my GP.  I had a nasty water infection followed by an inner ear balance problem - yuk vertigo - over the last couple of weeks - saw a duty doc as my normal doc was off ill.  Had antibiotic's which cleared up the UTI but was made a routine app with my normal doc for blood test results - which I had today - blood was okay - phew! Problem was my gp refused to agree my vertigo was positional - even after I explained it only happened when I rolled over in bed.  She said that my ongoing pain was making me depressed - I kinda cant disagree there - it would make anyone depressed - I kinda said I thought she was wrong and she said 'I'm not going to argue with you over this' - so - I burst into tears and - now - I am down the route of being told to take anti depressives and I hate that label - I'm 41 like you and am from the Uk - Midlands - Worcestershire.  I think I am now categorised because of awful endo and awful adhesion's - she made me feel guilty for seeking out help. She said that there was nothing more she could do for me - I would have to adapt my life to include the pain - I know she is kinda right - it hurt for me to hear it.  My hubby is not at all pleased - wants me to move Doctors - I dunno. I went down the surgery route because of bowel obstructions - like you I'm a mother and although my boys are in their late teens I still have a lot of life to live and wanted to see if there was any possible way that I could take away the pain - I now know that my endo and subsequent hysterectomy caused the adhesion's and are the reason I have nerve damage - I know I have to live with it but to me it is like living with a permeate tooth abscess that no dentist with pull the effected tooth!  To me it is unacceptable and I feel old, very old, and that is not fair on me, my hubby or my boys. I am totally shattered and disappointed. Ann-Marie        --- On Mon, 1/6/09, IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote:

From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Subject: Nerve Damage To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Monday, 1 June, 2009, 6:48 PM

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of NishaSeth@aol.com Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:29 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Nerve Damage

Hi Annmarie, i'm so sorry to hear you're still in pain - i've followed your messages now and again over the months as i think you are in the uk too ? where  i'm struggling so much to find drs who listen. I'm 41 now and have had major abdo adhesions for 15 years now and  in the last year they have caused small bowel obs.  I hope things ease up for you because you've been so brave.   I  have stuck with  a course of acupuncture and herbs now for abdominal and pelvic adhesions together with fibromyalgic/m.e type problems  because i have been putting surgery off as i have very young children... After getting no help for so many years apart from 'anti depressants' for my pain from so many drs, I turned desperately to tcm 2 years ago. It might be that the two problems above are related in that i was not getting and still am not getting enough nutrition through the adhesions and non absorbsion and am now becoming aneamic. Over the years weekly acupuncture and acupressure/deep massage and sometimes herbs to aid sluggish digestion has been my only salvage.  I'm still considering having similar surgery to you but my chinese traditional dr told me that if i do,  I should see him after surgery to help with this difficult phase and so as to avoid possibility of reformation. Obviously each dr's different and you have to find one who is professional, honest and experienced and these are limited over here in the midlands.  I don't know anything about the problem your dr says you now have but this tcm dr said he thinks i have had some nerve damage too in my arms and legs and with their methods they do seem to try and treat this and many other problems I have had. I think their philosophy is that they treat the whole body as a whole and a lot of our body is linked to the core digestive area. Don't give up  with your current dr to give you an answer to what you have and to resolve your problem quickly - often the pain consultants will prescribe some treatment or medication to help you cope better with an on-going problem. But you need to get stronger and recover first, so if you are able, dont' rule out thinking or talking to someone expert in  healing with tcm  to help you along -even to read about sometimes helps me pick up! Wish you all the very best, Nisha  

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: