Re: Dr. Cook (Dr. K. in Germany)

Fri May 22 14:32:11 2009

Thanks for your response. I have read Karens book and that is why I was thinking of going to germany. Will research further Thanks again!

In a message dated 5/21/2009 6:46:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, tracy.joslin@adhesions.org writes:

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 9:22 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Dr. Cook (Dr. K. in Germany)

I went to Germany in 2005 for Surgery with Dr. Kruschinski. My 1st look surgery, my small and large intestines were stuck to my colon. You could actually look at my stomach and see where it was sucked in and stuck, my Gastro couldn't believe it when he examined me it was all on my left side.. On my right side the doc's here in Or. said that I have left over ovarian tissue with a cyst on it. It was a water cyst, pretty common with adhesions. I also had Spray Gel adhesion barrier used on me. I'll tell you, the first night after surgery, as embarrassing as it is, I kept having incontinence accidents, it was as if the path had been cleared, and I had no problem going for the first time in a few years. My 2nd look 1 week later showed no adhesions. He does not use gas when he does Laproscopic surgery, he tips you at an angle to operate. It was a blessing to not have to deal with that awful pain from being given gas for abdominal surgery. At that time paying for our flight, and paying him came to about $15,000.00 in our money. For Dr. K, Assist. surgeon, nurses operating room, and Hospital room for 4 days, it also included an apartment in Selingstadt right on the Mainze ? River. Care at the Apt. for the 3 days after being released from hospital. The nurses came in the AM and PM, and Dr. K. came once a day. I was able to stand up straight and walk, no doubling over, no sharp stabbing pains, crumpling to the ground, didn't use my good old buddy my heating pad. It was so exciting to go walking to old town, have lunch in the outside café's, shop, etc. I felt good, I could eat, and was happier than I had been in ages. At 7 weeks post op, I slipped in something slimey at Safeway slipped and slid, and smacked my whole abdomen on a Bakery Rack. OMG it really hurt, and I jammed up my knee too. The girls in the Bakery saw it all and helped me out. After a few days I went to the doc because I hurt all over. I wrote to Dr. K. he stated that since I smacked my abdomen, I was probably dealing with internal bleeding and that can cause adhesions. I tolerated it, and returned to work 4 weeks early because we were broke. That was a bad decision too. Then the adhesions seemed to start returning like crazy. Then I tripped over the raised sidewalk tried to save it, fell flat on the front of my body, and jammed my jaw also. (yes this is how coordinated I am) my pain continued to get worse. Dr. K. said I could come back for a 3rd look, but this time, we didn't have the money to go back, even though it was cheaper. Feb. 2007, my Gallbladder was removed, that was it! They came back with a vengence, and now even more on my right side because of the surgery. I am worse now than I was before I went to see him. I felt I was never given a chance to see if my lysis of adhesions did work or not. The short time that I was well, was HEAVEN! I had found the website that you are speaking about, and was shocked at what horrible things were put on it about him. I cannot imagine having so much hate towards one person that they are trying to ruin him. I did get caught up in the b.s. a few months ago, and wrote some things, then I apologized. Dr. K. did all that he could for me. I had a lot of things happen to me, that just started it all again. There are a lot of men and women that he has helped. If I could afford it, I would go back over to see him. My Husband and I are both on disability, and there is no way. There are 2 sides to every story. I have heard of the allegations. You can go to "Endogyn" it is full of info about ARD. It is unfortunate that most of us no longer go there because of others destruction of it. There are so many people to email and ask questions. He is not a horrible monster. I had my Gastro tell me that they are 20 years ahead of us medically. Good luck. Make your decisions on fact, not gossip. Research, ask questions. Dr. K. will even answer your questions. The hardest part for me was the long flight, and being away from home. I have written to 2 docs here in the states, 1 has responded, and I have a lot of homework to do . I have not heard back from the other one yet. Best of luck to all of you and praying for pain free days. Cheryl D. Karen Steward has written a book about adhesions, " Patients bound by Pain, Doctors bound by Secrecy"

>----- Original Message -----
From: JMoore4877@aol.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 11:44 AM Subject: Re: Dr. Cook

I was wondering if anyone has done research on this Dr. in Germany. I was with my shrink and we were doing some searches trying to find some info on this clinical trial he talks about and we came across a web site that made a claim that he is being investigated for performing unscrupulous acts on patients from the US, making false promises to cure them and charging thousands of dollars. Has anyone heard any of these accusations or know anything about him? Was thinking of going there but not now sounds a little scary.

In a message dated 5/16/2009 3:40:36 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, tracy.joslin@adhesions.org writes: Sender: "lindahalford" <lindahalford@comcast.net> Subject: Re: Dr. Cook

Sorry, but I don't recall. If you go to the adhesions quilt, you may be able to find information on Dr. K.

----- Original Message ----- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 4:29 AM Subject: Dr. Cook

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf
Of > LOU COOPER
> Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:29 PM
> To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org
> Subject: Re: Dr. Cook
>
> Hi Linda,
> What month on this on this site is the message about the lady who had
> serious
> ccomplications done by Dr K's surgery; I know of a lady who is thinking
of > going to
> him, I would like to read it.
> Thanks Lou
>
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 8:18 PM, IAS Admin (Tracy)
> <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote:
> Sender: "lindahalford" <lindahalford@comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: Dr. Cook
> Cheryl,
>
> Once you get insurance, you may want to consult with Dr. Cook. Going to
> Germany and not have the doctor in the States to follow up with you could
be > risky. I read a message on this site from a lady who had serious
> complications afterwards and ended up in an emergency situation. Dr. K's
> stats for success aren't very high. I've gone to Dr. Reich, Dr. Redan and
> Dr. Gerhart who are certainly tops in adhesion surgeries but unless
there is > a barrier that works, the adhesions grow back and the pain returns with a
> vengeance. A surgeon that lysis just the adhesions causing the problems
> sounds good to me. Whatever you decide to do, I pray it works for you.
> Take care and God Bless.
>
> Linda, Jacksonville, FL
>

>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>
> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:10 AM
> Subject: Dr. Cook
>
> > From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On
Behalf > Of
> > HERB F DIXON
> > Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 8:04 PM
> > To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org
> > Subject: RE: Dr. Cook
> >
> > Linda, Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you had gone to see him.
> > (Dr.Cook). I have only been to see Dr. Kruschinski once, but he
performs 2 > > surgeries. The first one to remove adhesions, 2nd look to see if the
> > adhesions had returned. I would love to go back to that time 4 years
ago > > now, and not have pain except the soreness from surgeries

To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org mailing list please go to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm p.s. for the web forum version see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm

=http://www.getpeek.com/aol)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: