why is it so hard?

Wed Apr 22 20:17:17 2009

I am having a first time experience with abdominal adhesions, in Jan. of this year I had not had a bowel movement for almost 6 weeks, I went crazy. I was in and out of emergency rooms, and have had a million tests. My family doctor mentioned adhesions, but every other doctor I went to talked about my colon. I just underwent the most awful tests to see if my colon should be removed. My colon should NOT be removed. I have finally called my sister-in-laws doctor because of something she told me. Her doctor mapped out the adhesions and if any of them give her trouble her doctor is there. I am praying I can hold on until my appt. I am really scared. My Mom had endometriosis (sp?) for 20 yrs. I have been doing research on adhesions and you can die!!!!! Why, why are we blown off about these? I feel like I have been laughed at by some of these doctors as being silly! They had me doubting myself. At my worst point I really wanted to take a knife and cut into myself to relieve the pain and bloating. I have had a hernia operation, two c-sections and a tubal ligation. Is there any more of a hint as to what could be my problem? The doctors ask me to pinpoint pain, I can't it's my whole middle. I feel like my c-section scars are attached to my ribs, sometimes it feels like it's trying to pull my breasts and heart and lungs down. We women need to be much louder about this.

--
S

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: