Re: For Sarah W. Re:Cine MRI

Tue Mar 24 06:16:01 2009

Sarah,

That's one of the things I loved about Dr. Redan when I met him ... he seems very open-minded. I also appreciate the fact that he never promises anything but optimism. He's the first doctor I had seen in 4 years that gave me ... dare I say ... HOPE????

And he's definitely one of the few that appear to be listening when patients use the word "adhesions". Whether their surgery reveals adhesions or something else, at least he listens and doesn't make you feel crazy!

--
Katie

At Tue, 24 Mar 2009, sarah.wampler@yahoo.com wrote: > >Hi Katie, >He said they will probably use just a standard MRI,however this is >several months away at best. The procedure will probably take several >hours to do and requires breath holding to prevent motion artifact. To >be honest, he is not too optimistic that this will be accurate but is >developing the protocol to do it in order to test it. He says "A >negative scan does NOT mean there are no adhesions and a positive scan >will NOT always be a true positive". So....he's interested in the >technology and is willing to try it, but because there was only one >study done on it (with only 80 people over several years) he doesn't >seem to be getting his hopes up too high....but at least he's willing to >try it! The sum of the conversation is that it's interesting, but don't >depend too much on it, and don't go crazy trying to find someone to do >one. Sorry! I got excited and who knows? Maybe it will >work....thankfully Dr. Redan is humble enough to not entirely dismiss >it and try it and if it works, he'll be the first to be excited about >it. I will keep you updated...

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: