Re: relief from adhesion pain

Sun Mar 22 12:20:09 2009

I have been reading posts for awhile but have never posted myself. I have to say that reading these every day gives me hope that I have not had in a very long time. I have been suffering with ARD since 1989. I have had fourteen pelvic/abdominal surgeries, five of them being for lysis of adhesions only. I have also had to have my gallbladder removed after one of my lysis surgeries (had to have open lap for it, couldn't do laparoscopic because of adhesions). The adhesions have caused me to lose my uterus, both ovaries (took four surgeries to get all the ovarian tissue out) a foot long section of my bowel,(I am also hospitalized with NG tube about once a year for a week at a time for partial bowel obstruction), my appendix and now I have extensive bladder/ureter involvement, with constant pain when I have to urinate. My last surgery was three years ago by a Gynecological Oncologist to remove a very large cystic mass which turned out to be from a piece of ovary still left attached to the sidewall with scar tissue. The surgeon said it was an absolute mess in there and the worst he had ever seen. He said it was like someone had squeezed everything together and then poured super glue all over everything. I have never, in all my surgeries, had any kind of adhesion barrier used and they always reform within weeks, usually worse than before. No surgeon around here will even consider operating on me unless it's a matter of life or death. And I have found NO ONE who uses adhesion barriers. I live on pain meds and my quality of life is not what I wish it was. I am going to contact Dr. Semertzides office tomorrow (they are only about 5 hrs away from me) and see what they say.. I finally have hope that maybe someone will be able to help me. I guess ultimately, I wish for surgery where they could free everything and then use a barrier, though I fear that is not very likely. At the very least, maybe there is something he can do to help me be in less pain than I am right now.

thanks for listening, Dawn Marie

________________________________ From: Kelly Murray <klmurray_61@msn.com>

--
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:55:21 PM
Subject: Re: relief from adhesion pain

Connie, It is odd that a lot of people end up having their gallbladder out after adhesion surgery. I had to have mine out a few months after I got back from Germany and there are others that have had to have theirs out after adhesion surgeries. Does one think that we have Gallbladder problems for awhile and they are not recognized as gallbladder but part of the adhesions or ?

>----- Original Message ----- From: connie To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:42 AM Subject: relief from adhesion pain Hi, When I first had adhesion pain I came to this websight and read about a wonderful doctor in Germany Dr. Kruschinski.. I did my reading,my reserch and my praying. I took the courage and had faith in this caring doctor and went to Germany to have adhesion surgery. Its been close to five years and I have no adhesion pain. I have been better than ever. I do have to take out my gallblatter and I refuse to have surgery in the states without spraygel and without Dr. Kruschinski. So I plan on going back to Germany to have my gallbladder out. I will never take a chance on having abdominal surgery here in the states and complicate my body with adhesions. ..I have no adhesion pain now and I do not want to take a chance of ever getting them again. Dr. Kruschinski really saved my life from pain, and I know he is always there to care for anyone who needs him. Connie Haber

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: