Re: Dealing with Pain

Fri Mar 20 11:38:17 2009

Cytotec is what kind of med? I have been on Amitza and several others. I just can't handle the laxatives. They work but it is so painful as it rips and tears my inside and I am sore for a week afterwards.Maybe I need to try a stool softener.

Of course I am so bloated and nauseated right now.

Heating pad helps me if I am not having a really bad time. Massage is good..

Kelly

Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:47:03 -0500 From: JMoore4877@aol.com To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net Subject: Re: Dealing with Pain

Since starting on cytotec I no longer have to use any laxatives. I can not stress enough that if you have had your ovaries removed, ask your docs about cytotec. It really helps. I know amitiza works well also, however, I suffer from the side effects of swelling from it.

In a message dated 3/19/2009 6:44:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, KKAJARK@aol.com writes: What a great idea. I use Miralax- it is now over the counter and it does give me some relief from constipation. My heating pad is also my best friend.>

At Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Sinski, Jennifer B. Blevins wrote:

>I carry ginger ale or ale8 with me everywhere for the constant nausea - not very scientific, but it settles my tummy a little.
>
>________________________________
>
>From: adhesions@adhesions.org on behalf of Kelly Murray
>
>--
>Sent: Thu 3/19/2009 1:46 PM
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>Subject: Re: Dealing with Pain
>
> We need to start a list of what we can do at home that helps the pain and other issues associated with adhesions. We talk a lot about surgery and that is fine, but I am not having surgery right now. So we need to focus a little on making ourselves feel better. If anyone has suggestions on what helps them with the pain, nausea, constipation, depression etc...then maybe it could help others a little. I have gone to Germany, and to PA for surgeries and I do not want another one right now until there is more evidence on what the Drs. in the states are doing. There are a lot of people that need suggestions on what helps others instead of surgery after surgery.
>

htm

Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or less.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: