Re: Bit worried - anyone help

Wed Mar 11 05:08:42 2009

At Tue, 10 Mar 2009, HERB F DIXON wrote: >Thank you for your concern, Cheryl! You're right. Baby Steps!I'm an impatient person and I need to just relax a little and let nature take its course. Thanks again for thinking of me!!
>Hi Kris, When I had my 2nd look surgery for adhesions, I had to have a new incision, it is just a hair below my left ribcage. That incision was more intense and sorer than the other incisions, still is tender to the touch, and that was April 2005. I just think some areas are more sensitive than others. I know that you are so desperate for a change in your pain levels and where they are located because you want relief so very bad. I can't blame you in the least about being concerned, I am concerned for you! If this all went well for you, that means we all may have a chance! Do give yourself some time to heal. In another week, or so hopefully the pain will be gone. Just rest and take it easy. I have never heard of pancreas divisium, I need to see what that is about. I'm happy for you that the pain on both sides of your back under your ribcage has not returned. Baby Steps for healing, and patience. Good Luck, Cheryl D.
>
>> Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:04:47 -0500
>> From: krisl1204@yahoo.com
>> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
>> Subject: Re: Bit worried - anyone help
>>
>> At Tue, 10 Mar 2009, annmarie bluett wrote:
>> > Hi AnnMarie! It's Kris. I just had a laporscopic procedure to take down adhesions a week ago. I feel better in that I don't feel the "rubber band" effect around my rib cage that I've had. However, I still have alot of stabbing pain under my right ribcage. I call it "the old pain". They removed adhesions from my gall bladder and from my intestines. I keep reminding myself that I'm still healing...but I'm concerned, too. Through all my testing, they did discover that I have a condition called pancreas divisum, which means that I have 2 pancreatic ducts instead of one. It can cause pancreatitis. I have no evidence of that, but it can cause pain. I'm hoping that's not the cause of the old pain that still exists. I'm hoping that it's caused by removing the adhesions from around my gall bladder. There is also an incision in that area. I've got 2 other ones, and they don't hurt the same. Time will tell, I guess. I used to wake up at night with alot of back pain on both sides of m!
>> y back, under my rib cage. That hasn't happened since surgery. I hope you continue to heal and that this surgery is a success for you, ultimately!
>>
>> Kris
>> >Thanks Donna:)
>> >
>> >I am taking diclofenac - I live in the UK so not sure if that is the same. I also take dihydrocodiene at night which helps with pain relief and let me get to sleep - unfortunatley the effects wear off after 3 hours and have break through pain which I have to take more for. Just really miserable at the mo - it has been a long 4 weeks and I have another 8 more weeks on my sofa looming now.
>> >
>> >like everyone here I have had constant pain now for years and it took a lot for me to agree to more surgery and I feel a tad down because of the continual pain - thought last week I was in for some rest bite - never mind
>> >
>> >Hugs to all
>> >
>> >AnnMarie
>> >
>> >--- On Tue, 10/3/09, Donna Johansen <donnajohansen@telus.net> wrote:
>> >
>> >From: Donna Johansen <donnajohansen@telus.net>
>> >Subject: Re: Bit worried - anyone help
>> >To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
>> >Date: Tuesday, 10 March, 2009, 7:06 PM
>> >
>> >AnnMarie,
>> >We are all so different but one thing I can recommend is trying to get an anti-inflammatory such as Celebrex. The wounds are in the early stage of healing and this could help. I know it has helped me.
>> >
>> >Donna J
>> >
>> >From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of annmarie bluett
>> >Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:30 AM
>> >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>> >Subject: Bit worried - anyone help
>> >
>> >Just worried - Like most of you know I had a laporotomy for adhesion take down 4 weeks ago - I know it was only partially sucessful - they unstuck my bowel which was obstructing but had to pull out because of risk of organ damage. Well - recovery has been hard as I had a mid line incision but last week the pain started to ease off some - now - though - it is back and really bad. I had a wound check on Friday and everything was fine but now pain is awful - back to not sleeping after having a few comfortable nights. I am worried that it is adhesion's back and not just recovery pain - has this happened to anyone else?
>> >
>> >Thanks
>> >AnnMarie
>>
>e.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: