Re: Bit worried - anyone help

Tue Mar 10 20:22:19 2009

I have that and have been told that my colon has strictures at the "hepatic flexure" and that it is probably attached to my abdominal wall as well. Gas-x helps sometimes but so does eating standing up and no sitting for long periods of time.

--
Katie

At Tue, 10 Mar 2009, LOU COOPER wrote: > >HI KRIS >AS CHERYL SAID, SMALL STEPS IT TAKES TIME I AM PLEASE YOU ARE DOING SO >WELL, >THINK I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU IS THAT I HAVE PAIN IN THE RIBCAGE AREA, >BUT I GET A LOT OF WIND SO MUCH BURPING!!!!!! UNTIL I GET THE UP IT MUCH MORE >COMFORTABLE FROM THE PAIN, IT DOSE GET TIGHT RT AROUND THAT AREA JUST >LIKE A BAND, DID YOU OR ANY ONE ELSE OUT THEIR THERE HAVE THIS PROBLEM >TAKE CARE KRIS >BEST WISHES LOU MAR 10/09 @9.56P,M > >On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM, HERB F DIXON <herbcheryl1@msn.com> wrote: >> Hi Kris, When I had my 2nd look surgery for adhesions, I had to have a new >> incision, it is just a hair below my left ribcage. That incision was more >> intense and sorer than the other incisions, still is tender to the touch, >> and that was April 2005. I just think some areas are more sensitive than >> others. I know that you are so desperate for a change in your pain levels >> and where they are located because you want relief so very bad. I can't >> blame you in the least about being concerned, I am concerned for you! If >> this all went well for you, that means we all may have a chance! Do give >> yourself some time to heal. In another week, or so hopefully the pain will >> be gone. Just rest and take it easy. I have never heard of pancreas >> divisium, I need to see what that is about. I'm happy for you that the pain >> on both sides of your back under your ribcage has not returned. Baby >> Steps for healing, and patience. Good Luck, Cheryl D. >> >>> Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:04:47 -0500 >>> From: krisl1204@yahoo.com >>> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net >>> Subject: Re: Bit worried - anyone help >>> >>> At Tue, 10 Mar 2009, annmarie bluett wrote: >>> > Hi AnnMarie! It's Kris. I just had a laporscopic procedure to take down >>> > adhesions a week ago. I feel better in that I don't feel the "rubber band" >>> > effect around my rib cage that I've had. However, I still have alot of >>> > stabbing pain under my right ribcage. I call it "the old pain". They removed >>> > adhesions from my gall bladder and from my intestines. I keep reminding >>> > myself that I'm still healing...but I'm concerned, too. Through all my >>> > testing, they did discover that I have a condition called pancreas divisum, >>> > which means that I have 2 pancreatic ducts instead of one. It can cause >>> > pancreatitis. I have no evidence of that, but it can cause pain. I'm hoping >>> > that's not the cause of the old pain that still exists. I'm hoping that it's >>> > caused by removing the adhesions from around my gall bladder. There is also >>> > an incision in that area. I've got 2 other ones, and they don't hurt the >>> > same. Time will tell, I guess. I used to wake up at night with alot of back >>> > pain on both sides of m! >>> y back, under my rib cage. That hasn't happened since surgery. I hope you >>> continue to heal and that this surgery is a success for you, ultimately! >>> >>> Kris >>> >Thanks Donna:) >>> > >>> >I am taking diclofenac - I live in the UK so not sure if that is the >>> > same.  I also take dihydrocodiene at night which helps with pain relief and >>> > let me get to sleep - unfortunatley the effects wear off after 3 hours and >>> > have break through pain which I have to take more for.  Just really >>> > miserable at the mo - it has been a long 4 weeks and I have another 8 more >>> > weeks on my sofa looming now. >>> > >>> >like everyone here I have had constant pain now for years and it took a >>> > lot for me to agree to more surgery and I feel a tad down because of the >>> > continual pain - thought last week I was in for some rest bite - never mind >>> > >>> >Hugs to all >>> > >>> >AnnMarie >>> > >>> >--- On Tue, 10/3/09, Donna Johansen <donnajohansen@telus.net> wrote: >>> > >>> >From: Donna Johansen <donnajohansen@telus.net> >>> >Subject: Re: Bit worried - anyone help >>> >To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> >>> >Date: Tuesday, 10 March, 2009, 7:06 PM >>> > >>> >AnnMarie, >>> >We are all so different but one thing I can recommend is trying to get an >>> > anti-inflammatory such as Celebrex.  The wounds are in the early stage of >>> > healing and this could help.  I know it has helped me. >>> > >>> >Donna J >>> > >>> >From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf >>> > Of annmarie bluett >>> >Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:30 AM >>> >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS >>> >Subject: Bit worried - anyone help >>> > >>> >Just worried - Like most of you know I had a laporotomy for adhesion take >>> > down 4 weeks ago - I know it was only partially sucessful - they unstuck my >>> > bowel which was obstructing but had to pull out because of risk of organ >>> > damage.  Well - recovery has been hard as I had a mid line incision but last >>> > week the pain started to ease off some - now - though - it is back and >>> > really bad.  I had a wound check on Friday and everything was fine but now >>> > pain is awful - back to not sleeping after having a few comfortable nights. >>> > I am worried that it is adhesion's back and not just recovery pain - has >>> > this happened to anyone else? >>> > >>> >Thanks >>> >AnnMarie >>> >>> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm >>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: