Re: Update from surgery on March 3 2009

Thu Mar 5 15:20:54 2009

Hi Kris,

Who was your surgeon and where is he located? I called Dr. Semerztides' office today. The assistant said he uses Evicel (FDA approved) to prevent adhesions from returning. It's a spray substance. She said his success rate if 50 to 55 percent. That doesn't give me a lot of hope. It would be good if they used the Cine MRI to detect the adhesions and then do a second Cine MRI after surgery to see if the adhesions are gone.

I feel like I have a golf ball size growth on my right side. I wish there was a doctor close to Jacksonville, FL so I wouldn't have to travel so far. Dr. Redan is 3 hours away but after having two surgeries with him, I'd like to go to a different doctor.

Take care and God Bless.

--
Linda

> ----- Original Message ----- From: jetstamp To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:19 PM Subject: Re: Update from surgery on March 3 2009

At Wed, 4 Mar 2009, jetstamp wrote: > >At Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Kris wrote: >> >>Hi, all! I just got home from the hospital after my adhesion surgery... Additionally, he found a golf ball size "chocolate >>cyst" on my right ovary. The >>right sided areas where he removed the adhesions from were the areas I >>was having most of my pain. I also had pain on my lower right side, >>which is explained by the ovarian cyst. The surgeon told my mom after >>the surgery that both the adhesions and the cyst cause extreme pain, >>Don't we all know that too well??? I thought of all of you who suffer from this and >>was wishing each of you were there having surgery as well! I'll keep >>posting to let you know how things progress.... >> >>-- >>Kris >>

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.7/1983 - Release Date: 03/04/09 07:41:00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: