Re: Having a really tough flare-up

Sat Feb 28 06:33:22 2009

At Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Tracy S wrote: >
>Kris,

>I just wanted to let you know that I sooooo understand how you're feeling!!!! I hope today is a better day for you!!!! Also I just had to tell you how jealous I am that your having surgery!!!!
>Sure does sound like a crazy thing to say, but even after 4 partial bowel obstructions and a zillion dr appts my Dr still says ...NO SURGERY!!!

>But Tuesday is going to be a good day for both of us....Your hopefully going to get the relief you so deserve and I'm having my first appt with a NEW primary care DR!!!!! After 10 years of hearing NO....I'll keep switching if I have to until one of these DR's HELPS ME!!!

>Your in my thoughts and prayers!!! Be sure to keep us updated!

>Hugs!
>Tracy
>
>--- On Fri, 2/27/09, Kris <krisl1204@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hi tracy! Thanks so much for your kind words and your support. It's not crazy at all to feel jealous about the surgery. It's the hope we've all been asking for!When i posted about it, my thoughts were that I wish i could take everyone with me on this site to this surgeon that I happened to be so lucky to find. I can't believe they won't do anything after your 4 partial bowel obstructions! Did they diagnose through some type of test? I know that I've been through at least 3 of them the last year, but most of my tests have come back normal, except for one CT scan that showed inflammation in the intestinal wall by my gall blader. That showed up on a Friday, but since it was so close to the weekend, they at least left me in the hospital on IV pain meds until Monday, when they did a barium enema, but showed no obstruction. So, off they sent me home again with no answers. I know I had another bad one in Dec. The runs for about 12 days, with stools finally forming into pencil thin ones for another week. After that I felt pretty good for about 3 weeks in Jan. and actually thought about cancelling my surgery. The misery kicked in again and I'm glad I didn't cancel it. Please keep looking for a new doctor who will help you. I just thought of something...Maybe it would help if you brought a couple of the articles along that Mark has shared, the one about adhesions barriers becoming big business and the other about the Cine MRI. I think I'd do that if I was still on the doctor hunt. After reading all ihave on here, I've really realized how fortunate that I am to have found this surgeon after only one year. If I didn't have the PCP physician that I have, I wouldn't have ended up here. I hope you're having a pain tolerant day. Thank you again so much for responding to me. Your kind thoughts and words mean alot! It really helps to have the understanding of others who know what I'm going through. On the other hand, I really wish none of us had to deal with this! I'll be in touch
soon! Kris >From: Kris <krisl1204@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Having a really tough flare-up
>To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net>
>Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 6:42 PM
>
>Hi! I just need to vent as I'm going through a really tough flare-up. As
>I posted before, I'm having surgery on Tuesday and I cannot wait. The
>nausea has been so bad for the past few days. On Wednesday, I even
>puked all over in my car as I was driving home. Yesterday was a little
>better, but today is really rough again. At least I haven't gotten sick
>again. I've got the same pain that all of you go through in that it's
>like a vice grip is wrapped around my rib cage on my right side. I can
>feel these damn things pulling all the way down to my navel. It always
>scares me when these flare ups get so bad. I don't know about you guys,
>but I always worry that it's cancer or something! I have to remind
>myself of all the tests that don't show that and remember the other bad
>flare-ups. I have to say I've never actually thrown up before. I just
>need to get through until Tuesday. I'm so hopeful for good results.
>It's so hard for family members and friends to understand. I even just
>got crabby on the phone with my poor 83 year old mother. I never do
>that! Sometimes it's hard to remain cheerful and positive when you feel
>so bad in spite of trying hard to. Thanks for listening. I know you
>all understand! Take care! Kris
>
>htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: