Re: Having a really tough flare-up

Fri Feb 27 17:15:49 2009

Hi Kris, I'm sorry it is a rough day for you. Mine has been tough too. I got up at 4:00 AM because it feels as if a sharp knife keeps getting thrust deeper and deeper under my ribcage on left side. I am so lucky that I never throw up, I do get extremely nauseous though, take 1/2 of a Phenegren ( sp?) It is very hard when our families and friends do not understand what we go through. They always say Oh, you look so good. I guess that is why its called the hidden disease! I do get afraid too, especially when my pain is more intense, or different, I think it is just normal. You also only have a few days til you have yet another surgery. You want to be well so bad you can taste it. So, you need some me time to relax, grab the heating pad, and take care of you! I find too that when I am having a bad episode, and things are going on, and I can't take care of myself,and I'm stressed out, I end up worse off doubling over with pain, grouchy, short tempered and then the tears start. You just can't win for losing with ARD. My Mother in Law passed away in Dec. We also care for my Father in Law and he is sick with the latest bug going around. I had to go get stuff for him at the store, then made him Jello, and Puddings because he can hardly swallow. Standing for periods of time don't help either. I am taking my own advice, grabbing my heating pad and resting while my Husband takes him to the Doctor. Sorry Kris, I had planned on cheering you up, and got caught up about myself. Best of luck with you on your surgery, You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that this time next week, you will be a new person and PAIN FREE!!! Cheryl D.

> Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:42:14 -0600
> From: krisl1204@yahoo.com
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: Having a really tough flare-up
>
> Hi! I just need to vent as I'm going through a really tough flare-up. As
> I posted before, I'm having surgery on Tuesday and I cannot wait. The
> nausea has been so bad for the past few days. On Wednesday, I even
> puked all over in my car as I was driving home. Yesterday was a little
> better, but today is really rough again. At least I haven't gotten sick
> again. I've got the same pain that all of you go through in that it's
> like a vice grip is wrapped around my rib cage on my right side. I can
> feel these damn things pulling all the way down to my navel. It always
> scares me when these flare ups get so bad. I don't know about you guys,
> but I always worry that it's cancer or something! I have to remind
> myself of all the tests that don't show that and remember the other bad
> flare-ups. I have to say I've never actually thrown up before. I just
> need to get through until Tuesday. I'm so hopeful for good results.
> It's so hard for family members and friends to understand. I even just
> got crabby on the phone with my poor 83 year old mother. I never do
> that! Sometimes it's hard to remain cheerful and positive when you feel
> so bad in spite of trying hard to. Thanks for listening. I know you
> all understand! Take care! Kris
>

e.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: